November 22, 2017, 07:33:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I BROKE DOWN AND WATCHED IT !!!  (Read 3118 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: July 11, 2006, 02:37:59 PM »

Yes, about 45 minutes of Inside Whatever Cup!!
AND, Mikey was NOT on it. HOORAY. It was just Dave and Brain Vickers, who I find to be a pretty nice young man. Then they had Jeff Burton on from Indy. Then they said Mikey was gonna be on, so I switched the channel!
  But for 40 or 45 minutes, it was a prety good show. Cheesy
 Dick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 03:05:51 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
Inside Whatever Cup!!

Oh, I love that title, Dick!  That's hilarious and about says it all!   :lol:

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 05:13:10 PM »

Then they said Mikey was gonna be on, so I switched the channel!

Michael Waltrip probably joined the show from Indianapolis testing as well.  The session started yesterday and will continue today and tomorrow.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 07:39:13 PM »

I watched part of it and they had Mikey on at the beginning also.  I did not see his last segment.  As Dick said, Brian did a good job.  I did not even stay to watch the Jeff Burton bit either.  Like Cheryl, his remarks about the Whackers in the Busch series and how he feels about that just disenchanted me so I didn't want to have him do that again.   :shock:

He had some interesting remarks about the incident near the end of the race and was very much against what the fans did when they starting throwing stuff.  I won't comment on what he said about the incident although I must say I was surprised at what he said.  I don't want a reprimand from "Mean Mommie".   :-D
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 08:43:14 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
I watched part of it and they had Mikey on at the beginning also.  I did not see his last segment.  As Dick said, Brian did a good job.  I did not even stay to watch the Jeff Burton bit either.  Like Cheryl, his remarks about the Whackers in the Busch series and how he feels about that just disenchanted me so I didn't want to have him do that again.   :shock:

He had some interesting remarks about the incident near the end of the race and was very much against what the fans did when they starting throwing stuff.  I won't comment on what he said about the incident although I must say I was surprised at what he said.  I don't want a reprimand from "Mean Mommie".   :-D

AHHH, go ahead :-D
 Did you mean that Jeff Burton had some interesting remarks, or someone else?
 What I heard made a certain amount of sense to me, that if Nascar didn't do something about incidents like this one, then the drivers would on the track. Jeff sounded like he fully expects Matt to retaliate. Matt may do so, but I don't think he will.

DISCLAIMER: Matt is my favorite driver and I like Jeff Burton too.

William James
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 11:26:53 PM »

Dick,

Mikey had interesting remarks when he was on at the beginning.  He just said that anytime anyone runs into someone else, it is intentional.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 12:22:33 PM »

Dick,

Mikey had interesting remarks when he was on at the beginning.  He just said that anytime anyone runs into someone else, it is intentional.

You known when he said that, I couldn't help but remember a couple of months ago when Michael piously said "I wouldn't even know how to drive aggressively..."  I think Jeff Green (among many others) would dispute that remark.  Remember last year at Martinsville when they kept spinning each other out.   :lol:

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 03:54:53 PM »

Dick,

I don't agree with that at all. I did miss the ist part of the show (darn) so I didn't hear that remark, but I would put it in the class of typical Mikey remarks.
 I hate to admit that I agree with ole DW on much of anything, but his column on the Fox webpage this week is quite critical of Gordon.
 Anyhow, this will all blow over soon and something else will happen to get our attention. Like maybe some really goo racing for a change!!?!

Dick from the department of wishful thinking. :-D

William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 04:28:05 PM »

Sounds like a very interesting show!  I wish that I watched it; then again, I don't pay attention to it anymore either.  It has a lot to do with Dave Despain as the host and Michael Waltrip remaining on the panel; it's just not right. :x

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 05:20:54 PM »

Anyhow, this will all blow over soon and something else will happen to get our attention. Like maybe some really good racing for a change!!?!

Dick from the department of wishful thinking. :-D

Very wishful considering this week they're going to New Hampshire.   :lol:

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 06:40:55 PM »

Cheryl wrote:

You known when he said that, I couldn't help but remember a couple of months ago when Michael piously said "I wouldn't even know how to drive aggressively..." I think Jeff Green (among many others) would dispute that remark. Remember last year at Martinsville when they kept spinning each other out.  

Thanks for reminding me of that remark.

Oh, BTW, I am not bashing here but just making a comment in general about people everywhere.  IMO, people always say things they think other people would like to hear, rather than how they feel deep down because they are afraid someone will not like them if they really speak their mind.  Or sometimes people like controversy as long as it is not about them.  Make sense???
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 06:53:48 PM »

Or sometimes people like controversy as long as it is not about them.  Make sense???

Completely!  Especially the someone we are talking about!   :lol:
And his brother...

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: