November 18, 2017, 08:50:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Runs for Boris and Marcos Ambrose!  (Read 306 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 02, 2006, 10:30:06 PM »

Great run for Boris to finish 4th (I think) last night at Daytona.  Way to go!

Also, Australian, Marcos Ambrose, saved his car to when it really counted and was screaming up through the field at the end of the truck race yesterday from KC.  Even nicked Brendan Gaughan at the line which was SO cool!  Too bad TV was showing the leader running alone.  I LOVE Terry Cook and it was awesome to see him get another win, but this is once when TV could've easily have used a split screen since he was running alone while they were battling hot and heavy for 3-4-5 postion.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 04:57:54 PM »

Saturday's outstanding finishes for Boris Said at the Pepsi 400 and Marcos Ambrose at the Kansas truck race remind ourselves that there is no substitute for experience.

They are examples of drivers who were forgotten by team owners who searched too hard for youth.  Some of those young drivers, sorry to say, look better as models in commercials and print ads than on the race track, and I could name a few of them from last year alone (but I won't of course).

Thankfully, Wood Brothers/JTG has given Ambrose a chance, and Said made his own break with the No Fear team.  These drivers will be stories to watch over the next few months.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: