November 25, 2017, 05:02:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you, Ronald Reagan  (Read 1637 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: June 08, 2004, 04:47:34 PM »

I would wish to thank Ronald Reagan for making all of us proud to be Americans.  He came along at a time when we all needed him.  We had a poor economy (even worse than now) and a poor standing in the world.

He defeated Communism, created millions of jobs, and stood up for everything right in our country.  And he loved sports!  He was the first president to welcome winning teams to the White House, and every NASCAR fan knows about his trip to the 1984 Firecracker 400--Richard Petty's 200th (and last) win.

He connected to the common man and woman while making politics understandable to every American, whether they agreed with his stances or not.

He and talk-show host Wally George are the biggest reasons that I am a conservative Republican today.  Now, both are gone.

God rest Reagan's soul--and "God Bless the U.S.A."

P.S. Welcome Bam24/25!  As an Arizonan, you are no doubt especially proud of Pat Tillman and what he did for this country.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 07:45:19 PM »

Desmond, I agree.  I think he was my favorite president and at that time I was a democrat.  Now, thanks to him, I have become a rather conservative republican.  I lived in CA when he was Govenor there and it was unreal how all the state workers hated him because he cut back so many of their benefits and managed to get the state out of the red and now we see how their state has been on the verge of bankruptcy for the past few years.  He really made a difference, both in CA and in the whole USA.  I was very proud of him.  

Also note that Patty Kay is back at Insider Racing and don't forget to remember her and her husband (he is still very ill).  They should have some tests back from cat scan today.  They are good people.
17RoushFan
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 09:33:35 PM »

Yeah, what a great moment it was at Daytona. I was listening to Fast Talk last night, and they had Ned Jarrett on the show, reflecting on that day. For those who didn't get to hear it, click on Fast Talk after hitting this link: http://www.goprn.com/.

tuned in to watch some commercials, but when they went to break, i saw a nascar race!
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 12:42:58 AM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Desmond, I agree.  I think he was my favorite president

I think he was my favorite too, but then I've always voted Republican, except for one time and THAT was a mistake.   Smiley

Cheryl
ronbarnes7777
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 02:46:16 PM »

i agree desmond he was a great president and it was because of him that i became that rarest of persons in america a black republican.god bless ronald reagan
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 04:01:36 PM »

Cheryl,

Care to tell us when you made that mistake of voting for a Democrat?

I'll take a guess--Bill Clinton, 1992.  If so, we're even Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 05:20:03 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Cheryl,

Care to tell us when you made that mistake of voting for a Democrat?

I'll take a guess--Bill Clinton, 1992.  If so, we're even Smiley

Yep...

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 09:33:14 PM »

I finally got to watch my taped Inside Cup last night and Mikey said a few things about Pres. Reagan.  Reminded me again of that one phrase "There you go again"  which I loved and Joe Scarborough uses that to bring on a feature on his program sometimes.  Yes, he was a good man.  I am taping the stuff from the activities today so I can watch the full thing when I get home tonight.  

Hey, I did not vote for Clinton.  My Nephew was in college in Arkansas when he was govenor so he warned me as to what would happen.  However, I was outvoted and look what happened.   :twisted:
sally
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 11:31:20 PM »

I will strategically decline to comment, other than to say to Mikey that this is racing, not a political rally.
Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: