February 19, 2018, 02:55:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bank of America Cup?  (Read 315 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 26, 2006, 12:46:48 PM »

This IS interesting...

From Jayski:
"Bank of America Cup? When word of the shake-up [Nextel personnel] first broke in April, Sprint executives insisted they were committed to continuing the NASCAR sponsorship, despite reports otherwise that the new powers were less than interested in NASCAR. Now, according to sources familiar with the situation, there are reports that Bank of America executives are interested in acquiring the title sponsorship to the Cup series.(Winston Salem Journal)(6-26-2006)"

As we all suspected the wireless company may not be as comitted to racing as they claimed two years ago.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 01:46:19 PM »

Perhaps they are just the best representatives of 'the new fan', and their short attention span has moved on to other things?  So, it's possible that Nascar will be looking for yet another sponsor long before the 10 year deal is up with the wireless company.  I guess that's the consequence of putting yourself up for sale to the highest bidder?

sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 06:42:14 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
So, it's possible that Nascar will be looking for yet another sponsor long before the 10 year deal is up with the wireless company.  I guess that's the consequence of putting yourself up for sale to the highest bidder?

Absolutely.  I still remember the shock of hearing that Nextel became the new title sponsor.  How could they come up with the money?

At least NASCAR won't be confused with a sprint car series. Cheesy

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: