November 18, 2017, 11:20:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Youth Movement  (Read 560 times)
sally
« on: June 18, 2006, 11:49:35 AM »

I wonder if Monty is onto something?

http://www.gastongazette.com/sections/sports/nascar/index.aspx?id=123

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 05:34:57 PM »

Monte, thanks again!  At some point, we knew that the youth movement was reaching critical mass and now the results are proving it.

Already, we've seen the likes of Casey Atwood, Blake Feese, Brandon Miller, Justin Labonte, and Billy Parker have their careers either put on hold or ended because of what they haven't done on the track.  Still, the youngsters will keep on coming...

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 05:39:25 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Monte, thanks again!  At some point, we knew that the youth movement was reaching critical mass and now the results are proving it.

Already, we've seen the likes of Casey Atwood, Blake Feese, Brandon Miller, Justin Labonte, and Billy Parker have their careers either put on hold or ended because of what they haven't done on the track.  Still, the youngsters will keep on coming...

Billy Parker?  Don't you mean Hank Parker, Desmond?  I mean, yeah, his brother ran a couple races, but Hank actually won two races in the Busch Series.  

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 09:17:24 PM »

Thanks for the link.  Very interesting.  What I see with the kids is that they have absolutely no fear and know/think they are in disposable cars with sponsors who will supply them with $$$ to make more disposables.

There are a couple of younger drivers who seem to drive more veteran like and I think they will survive to become some of the all time greats rather than just great at certain times.  JMO
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 04:42:48 PM »

Cheryl, I did mean Billy Parker.  He drove the #66 (now #64) Busch Series car for Rusty Wallace at the beginning of 2004, and was released after he crashed out of just about every race.  Later in the year, Wallace and Jamie McMurray took turns in the car, and in fact McMurray won at Phoenix.

That being said, Hank Parker Jr. got a very raw deal as well.  He is disillusioned with the sport, and he doesn't even plan to travel to Milwaukee for this weekend's Busch race, and will not practice or qualify the #60 car for Carl Edwards, as he has the last two years.  Instead, he will pursue his own outdoors show on TV, much like his father Hank Sr. has hosted for years.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: