November 22, 2017, 02:57:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woe to ESPN  (Read 1221 times)
sally
« on: June 09, 2006, 09:45:32 PM »

****This post edited by moderator****

Rumor has it that neil Goldberg, the producer who has done such a PEACHY job a Fox/Speed, is considering a move to ESPN.  I find this very disturbing, since the less than stellar coverage we've been getting these days could follow us to ESPN.  PLEASE, Espn. pass this by!

sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 12:10:07 AM »

If that happens, Sally, what can I say?  It would be just another reminder that simply returning NASCAR to ESPN won't solve all our problems.

The "new" ESPN coverage just won't be the old ESPN coverage. :smt078

Questions: Does that mean Rusty Wallace will get dumbed-down?  And who will be the resident "comedian" in the booth?  His brother Kenny perhaps? :roll:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
shawn
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 08:04:27 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"

The "new" ESPN coverage just won't be the old ESPN coverage.

IMO, who ever the director is, the coverage won't be the same as the old coverage.  With the amount of money being spent, commercial count will be high, and expect more of "insert product" question of the race and stuff like that.

Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 12:29:22 AM »

Neil actually worked for espn before fox.
sally
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 12:25:47 AM »

Yes, and he was obviously twisted by the evil forces there!  Either that, or he got bitten by the 'Hollywood Bug" the got baby brian.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 12:34:47 AM »

Okay, let's all please be calm!  

Yes, Bryan is right.  Neil Goldberg was the NASCAR producer AT ESPN and was hired to produce the Fox broadcasts beginning in 2001.  

Please remember that the "flavor" of the broadcasts comes from the corporate philosphy at Fox and Fox Sports.  I'm tired and can't think of the two guys names right now (David something) and Rupert Murdoch is actually the head of Fox.  Goldberg (like Mike Joy and most of them) are doing the best they can at Fox, within the constraints put on them by the network.

Edit:  David Hill is the head of Fox Sports, I believe.
Also, please remember no "name calling" of people from the broadcast team.  This is in the forum rules about bashing.  After reading Sally's initial post this morning, I had to edit out one thing I found unacceptable.  

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 03:01:17 AM »

On some of the races i have on tape when bob benny and ned during the commercial the people in the truck and the announcers talk back and forth.

Sometimes when nascar was televised on espn and neil goldberg wasn't there sometimes terry lingner took his place.

Terry still works for abc and espn.

Plus terry has his own group called lingner productions. Or i think that's what it was called i'm not sure if this company still exists anymore it may have shutdown or it may still exist i do not know.

Terry used to be the producer for the old speedweek show that bob jenkins and sometimes gary lee would host.

Terry actually has raced a few times mainly in sportscar.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 05:18:38 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
Please remember that the "flavor" of the broadcasts comes from the corporate philosphy at Fox and Fox Sports.  I'm tired and can't think of the two guys names right now (David something) and Rupert Murdoch is actually the head of Fox.

You're thinking of the two executive producers, David Hill, who is also the Fox Sports president as you've written, and Ed Goren.

Also, some news: Goldberg has not yet accepted a return to ESPN and will take several weeks to make a decision.  Furthermore, he was at Pocono last weekend, unlike what was rumored.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: