November 23, 2017, 05:24:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sure Hope This Isn't True!  (Read 1009 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 13, 2006, 09:46:11 PM »

From Jayski:

"Smith to ESPN/ABC?: NASCAR.com's Marty Smith is rumored to be one of the commentators for ESPN's live race coverage when the cable network resumes live NASCAR broadcasts next year.(Ford Racing)(6-13-2006)"

Not to bash, but what exactly would HIS credentials be to warrant this type of job???  Writing for NOL; hosting some silly show on SPEED and hosting Johnson's show on XM?  I'm sorry but this better be a joke...

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 01:03:48 AM »

I reacted the same way.  What a travesty if it  happens.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 02:53:31 PM »

Cheryl, my friend, not to be condescending, but I don't think we can take anything as a possible joke anymore. Not the way things are going with Nascar and Fox, etc. :x

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 05:18:04 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
Cheryl, my friend, not to be condescending, but I don't think we can take anything as a possible joke anymore. Not the way things are going with Nascar and Fox, etc. :x

Oh, Dick, unfortunately, I know you are right.  As I said last night, we think things can't get any worse.  But then we never thought we'd see the broadcast resembling computer games (with all the graphics and pointers) or some retired driver thinking he's more important than the racing either.  Or the Lucky Dog, the Chase, death of NW and the Rock and the Southern 500.  I can't even imagine how bad things could get after all that... :cry:

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 05:30:12 PM »

If Marty Smith is indeed hired, it would match the trend of the entire ESPN network.  There are lots of print and online reporters on the network already.

Then again, they seem to be more objective in their sports than Smith is in his... Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 11:26:12 PM »

i've got 4 words ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: