November 20, 2017, 08:26:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wikipedia  (Read 378 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: June 05, 2006, 06:17:17 PM »

On the Race Talk thread discussing how the Hooters USAR ProCup Series gave birth to the playoff idea we now see (sort of) in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series, dr. pep (Brian) wrote:

I would not believe anything I saw on Wikipedia.   

Brian, I don't know why you believe this, but I can tell you that Wikipedia is doing everything it can to make sure that its information can be verified.  I can attest to this firsthand.

Recently, I put up two dummy pages--one with information on my Buddy Wayne Barefoot character, and another on a television network of which the character was a "co-founder."

The reason for the dummy pages was so I could print them out before I erased them.  However, the site is not WYSIWYG, or "what you see is what you get."  In other words, the printed page does not look like what you see on the screen.  So I had to create the pages and hope that I would not be caught.

Another of its users (there is really no hierarchy at Wikipedia) caught me in violation of an anti-vandalism rule, and the page was removed.  I eventually erased the pages.

I have become a fan of Wikipedia, and I am a frequent contributor to the site.  I first became aware of it through links from the blog Field of Schemes, which covers how various sports teams ask governments for money to build venues, and the consequences thereof.

Thanks, Brian, for your attention.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: