November 22, 2017, 09:22:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlotte  (Read 352 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 29, 2006, 05:18:11 PM »

At least IMHO, the smaller fuel cells played very little role in the race last night.  Since there were cautions so often, we almost never saw them have to make green flag stops anyway.  So that was good, I guess.

Unfortunately, the only actual racing I saw all night was when Kahne was trying to lap Jeff Gordon that one time.  Then near the end between Edwards and Johnson for second.  Although that was some good side-by-side racing, it seems like every pass for the lead (in any race latey) is a "pull-over" which I don't call racing.  

Kahne definitely had the strongest car all night, so that was good, and he certainly figured out how to make it run on the outside.  But I just enjoy more side-by-side racing throughout the race.

BTW, I just finished watching a race I recorded on HDnet Saturday night.  The Busch Grand National West Division from Irwandale, CA.  It should be rebroadcast on SPEED in a week or so.  I highly recommend anyone with SPEED check it out.  Now THAT was a race!  As the announcers said, you could throw a blanket over the top 4-5 cars most of the night and they had an extremely close finish.  Best race I saw on TV this weekend!  

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 07:03:11 PM »

The only thing the smaller fuel cells did was eliminate the need to set cars up for longer runs, and give lots more opportunities for errors on pit road.  Those pit crews must be exhausted today!

Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: