November 23, 2017, 11:25:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Mosh Pit Disaster  (Read 846 times)
sally
« on: May 27, 2006, 01:55:51 AM »

If anyone had the misfortune to watch  Trackside tonight, Jeff Hammond did his usual Charlotte dive from the stage.  He then invited Elliott Sadler to do the same.  He apparently slipped on the edge of the stage on 'takeoff' and crashed, hitting his head.  He was still on the ground as the show ended, so we don't yet know how he is.  You would think, after the disaster with the 12 team at the Winston, they would realize they are not at a rock concert, but a race.  I can just hear Elliot's mother "...and I suppose if your friends jumped off a cliff, you would too?"

Hope Elliott is OK to race Sunday.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 10:09:04 PM »

I agree that really is stupid!  I just an interview with Elliott on PRN's pre-race show and he said he bruised his legs a lot. but would be okay to drive.

Again, TV encouraging the drivers to act like fools.  And Elliott buying into the insanity.

You know I never even heard about what that Trent Cherry guy from Newman's crew did last week, until I heard about it on XM.  Guess I was right in not watching the out of control driver/crew intros...

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 05:20:20 PM »

What did ryan newman's crew do last week?

No i didn't watch trackside.
sally
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 06:41:35 PM »

The 12 crew came put all 'pimped out', and Trent Cherry (one of the crew members) dove off the stage.  The crowd parted like the Red Sea, and he landed on his shoulder on the track.  Sound familiar?

Sally
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 08:25:25 PM »

He's lucky he didn't break his shoulder.

Yeah that does sound familiar.

What does pimped out mean?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 04:15:16 PM »

Bryan,

"Pimped out" refers to extra accessories for decorative purposes, especially on cars.  Examples include chrome wheels, elaborate grills, and fur-lined seats.

I think that Funkmaster Flex, a hip-hop DJ and car lover, popularized the phrase.

Also, nice to see that Elliott Sadler is OK.  But does everyone have to act modern?  Besides, it just added to a painful weekend at Charlotte.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: