November 24, 2017, 11:13:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10  (Read 1902 times)
sally
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 12:51:52 PM »

Cheryl, could some of your own biases be showing?

And, andd to my top 10 list the 'new and improved' showing only the top 10 cars in the ticker!  Disgusting.

sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 04:51:55 PM »

Yep, you are right.  My bias against any extraneous material during a race.  I'm sure it is an age thing.  

I don't like stuff getting in the way of the racing (or anything else I'm watching on TV).  Plain and simple.  

That's why I've always made the analogy between this show and that stupid "pop-up video" thing they had on VH-1 several years ago.

In the end, I'm sure it may be more of the producer on SPEED deciding this sort of thing would hold the interest of the younger fans (rather than all that "ancient" racing).

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 04:22:57 PM »

You're right, Cheryl.  That part of the show I can do without. :smt078

I didn't know that the old SpeedVision had the unedited program.  Maybe Speed Channel can make those shows available on DVD.

Remember though that Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the executive producer, his image is a mixture of old and new, and that's reflected in the show.

By the way, let's get back to the topic.  Any more list suggestions out there?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 05:57:05 PM »

Sorry, Des, one more "off topic" remark.
 I have been watching some interesting stuff on SPEED ON DEMAND lately, including some BACK IN THE DAY programs. Agreed, I don't care that Junior is a Redskins fan, and yes, I suppose that he is making a bit of money for all this.
  But, I think we should give Jr. a break here for two reasons:
    1--He is at least paying some tribute to the sport's heritage, roots and history;
     2-- It had to be tough growing up the son of a legend.
 Overall, I like the show and just ignore the pop ups.
 D ick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: