November 18, 2017, 08:49:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dover Truck Race Delayed on SPEED  (Read 589 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 30, 2006, 12:54:56 PM »

Apparently, SPEED is tape-delaying Friday afternoon's truck race until 8 p.m. (eastern) this Friday.  I knew it was always run right after Cup qualifying from all the years we've been there in the past.  The Dover track schedule says the truck race starts Friday at 5:45.  I looked at the Tivo guide to see what "pressing" live program was more important and guess what I found?  A taped sports car race and NASCAR Live.  All I can think of it that Dover doesn't have lights, TV can't force them to run the race at night (like so many others this year), so they are tape-delaying a live event so they can show it in prime time on the east coast and 5 p.m. on the west coast.  I'm sorry, but to delay a LIVE race for a taped race of some other type and that silly NASCAR Live is just absurd!  Talk about NASCAR NOT live... :evil:

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 04:04:58 PM »

That's funny, because Speed Channel will carry Nextel Cup qualifying at 5:30 p.m. Eastern time.  So both that qualifying session and the truck series race are on tape delay. :evil:

How are they going to get anyone to watch NASCAR Live when it has to report results of things they haven't shown yet? :roll:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 04:41:06 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!  Cup qualifying is at 3:00 Friday, so TV is delaying that too.  How absurd!

Guess I'll be listening to quals AND the truck race on XM (since they do not delay things like TV).

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 09:51:16 PM »

More proof how catering to a television schedule will cut their own throat.

Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: