November 20, 2017, 03:06:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people think of the smaller fuel cells used for the  (Read 914 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: May 22, 2006, 07:36:49 PM »

What do people think of the smaller fuel cells used for the 600?

Personally i never have liked them.

I hear they may have to make 16 or more pit stops.

They'll probably have a bunch of yellows though.

Personally i don't think next weekends 600 will be a good race.

But na$car is going to do whatever they wanna do.

I hear next year they plan on useing the smaller fuel cells all season long.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 05:48:03 PM »

Quote from: "Bryan Blanton"
I hear next year they plan on useing the smaller fuel cells all season long.

That's not what I've heard, Bryan.  In fact, John Darby has said that he plans to have the cars go back to the regular fuel cell sizes next year for the two races at Lowe's Motor Speedway.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
azbobbybooshay10
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 03:03:53 AM »

I believe he's talking about NASCAR's plans to run an 18 gallon fuel cell all next year. I can't remember where I saw that though, I think it was somewhere in Jayski.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 03:33:25 PM »

Quote from: "azbobbybooshay10"
I believe he's talking about NASCAR's plans to run an 18 gallon fuel cell all next year. I can't remember where I saw that though, I think it was somewhere in Jayski.

The drivers mentioned on on Inside NASCAR this week too.  I think it's sort of ridiculous myself.  I suppose NASCAR sees it as a way to tighten up the field at normal tracks, but, to me, it will just spread it out more if we have so many green flag pits stops.  I know that at Charlotte, they are trying to do it for safety (as they did at Talladega and Daytona), but I just think it is absurd to consider doing this everywhere next year.  Just another change that Brian France probably wants to put his "fingerprints" on the sport.

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 10:57:47 PM »

Cheesy  Cheesy GOOD POINT CHERYL!!  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 11:23:19 PM »

Isn't the reason they wanna have cars use less gallons of fuel cause of to conserve energy or resources or gas or something.

But by having the cars run less fuel wouldn't they wind up useing more?
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 01:11:51 AM »

I understood they went to smaller tanks to tighten up the field at both Daytona and Talledega.  I guess if you look at what they spill and whether or not it takes more to stop and take off again, they could be using more fuel with the smaller cells.  But I think it would be a minute amount overall.  Who knows?  When we think of saving money, most of us average people are looking at maybe saving $20 here and there.  To them I think saving money means more like several thousand each race.  I really doubt anything less than 5 or 6 grand is noticeable to them.  JMO
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 12:34:24 PM »

Quote from: "Bryan Blanton"
Isn't the reason they wanna have cars use less gallons of fuel cause of to conserve energy or resources or gas or something.

Absolutely not.  NA$CAR isn't interested in saving fuel or conserving energy.  Just making more $$$$ for themselves.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: