November 20, 2017, 04:48:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yep, I got blasted  (Read 749 times)
Vivian
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:04:35 PM »

In reference to the post on the race forum and my response to Desmond.

Took the old '35 out for a run and went to the redwoods.  We traveled through that tunnel I had Lou post a picture of.  It is about 1/4 mile long through the mountain.  Anyway, we had the windows down in the truck and were doing about 50 mph.  Some very thoughtless person we were meeting decided the tunnel was a perfect place to blast his horn one long time most of the way through the tunnel.  I found out I could never ever maintain calm in a noise torture situation.  I almost screamed from the pain it gave my ears until we could raise our windows and even then we could still hear it some after they were up.  I have heard people tap their horn before while driving through but never just set on it for most of the length of the tunnel.   :evil:

Don't know if it is true or not, but I have read and heard that when people blow their horns in concrete tunnels, it can somehow crack the concrete if the pitch of the horn is just right.  Just like some tones can break crystal.  If this is true, then I now know where a lot of the cracks in the tunnel have come from.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 03:43:57 PM »

That would anger me too, Vivian.
 BTW what is old 35?? :?

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 07:01:16 PM »

I feel very bad for you, Vivian, to be around such a rude driver.

Also, my reference to heavy rain and snow back at the Race Talk posting goes back to last winter, not recently, and I hope that's what you meant by that.  Parts of the Northwest received heavy rain and snow, while much of the East Coast was very warm.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 08:14:12 PM »

Dick, it is a Ford.  Neat old truck.  I am not sure how to post a picture here.  I will email one to Lou and ask him to post it for me.  It will also have a picture of a big redwood tree in the background, and Don standing by it.  We have fun in it.  It has no heater, only one windshield wiper and the windshield opens.  Has air leaks around the windows but has air which drips water on my feet since we haven't gotten a panel made for the air yet and it has a great new motor that just zips us up to 80 mph in seconds.  Don loves driving it.

Des, winter was bad here.  We had snow and lots of rain but north of us and in Washington state it was worse.  Sorry about the confusion...
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 01:14:42 PM »

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 10:06:27 PM »

DOUBLE COOL, Vivian. That one is 2 years older than my Studebaker.
Don obviously has good taste!! Cheesy

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: