November 19, 2017, 12:18:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race on FX at Noon Eastern  (Read 1427 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 30, 2006, 11:35:24 PM »

This is what we heard on XM driving home today.  As always, I'm asking everyone to avoid discussing ANYTHING on the forum about the race tomorrow.  I'm sure most of us will be at work and will have to record it (if you have FX - sorry Craig).  

Thank you!
Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 01:11:21 AM »

Some FOX affiliates will also have the broadcast.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 01:11:49 PM »

Quote from: "drpep (brian)"
Some FOX affiliates will also have the broadcast.

Good point, Brian!  Sorry to not mention that.  It's just that if you are at work, there's no way of knowing if the local Fox station is carrying it.  I actually thought about setting the Tivo to record both FX and one of our two Fox channels around here, but had a feeling Ophra or whatever Fox shows during the day here would be much more important.  So I didn't bother.

Edit:  I'm also asking that anyone who is able to watch the race today to please refrain from talking about the race itself if they post under "rate the broadcast."  Perhaps a good deadline to begin talking about the race would be 11 p.m. eastern.   Just be couteous to the rest of us who may want to watch the race in it's entirey when we get home from work tonight.  

Thanks!
Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 05:56:26 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
I'm also asking that anyone who is able to watch the race today to please refrain from talking about the race itself if they post under "rate the broadcast."  Perhaps a good deadline to begin talking about the race would be 11 p.m. eastern.   Just be couteous to the rest of us who may want to watch the race in it's entirey when we get home from work tonight.  

Thanks!

And that's for the second time in six weeks!  Remember that a Monday start hadn't happened since 2003 prior to Atlanta.

Isn't this part of the weird weather throughout the country all year?  Winter was very warm for many of you, Vivian in Oregon (probably) got blasted with a lot of rain and snow, and now there's word of a major wildfire in drought-stricken Florida.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 07:59:25 PM »

Desmond wrote:

Vivian in Oregon (probably) got blasted with a lot of rain and snow

Actually we had very nice weather where we are.  But I did get blasted.  

See the chit chat forum for details.
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 05:11:42 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
This is what we heard on XM driving home today.  As always, I'm asking everyone to avoid discussing ANYTHING on the forum about the race tomorrow.  I'm sure most of us will be at work and will have to record it (if you have FX - sorry Craig).  

Thank you!
Cheryl

Well luck would have it that one of our local channels (Rogers Sportsnet) was also carrying the race on Sunday (I never watch their feed as I'd rather have the real one, not the modified feed), but they decided to cover the race on Monday again thank goodness. Otherwise it would have been another we got to miss with no FX here.  I did notice one benefit though!  While Fox was going on about "race is brought to you by, etc." after each commercial break, we could hear the announcers speaking the ads, but instead of losing the entire screen to the stupid ads, we were seeing a live raw feed from the track of the action they would be showing right after the commercials! Now that was nice! :-)
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 05:45:10 PM »

Quote from: "derbyit857"
While Fox was going on about "race is brought to you by, etc." after each commercial break, we could hear the announcers speaking the ads, but instead of losing the entire screen to the stupid ads, we were seeing a live raw feed from the track of the action they would be showing right after the commercials! Now that was nice! :-)

Amen to that, Craig!  However, I must add the caveat that the reason you did not see the logos is that the advertising deals are only applicable to the United States and not to Canada.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 09:12:33 PM »

Hooray for your Rogers Sportsnet broadcast, Craig.  Sounds like it was a good one.   Cool
SeattleFan
Sophmore

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 04:03:34 PM »

I was going to record the race on my DVR but when I flipped through the channels it wasn't programed on the menu for Monday.  Called Comcast and they told me I was out of luck.

So I guess technology might be good but the old VCR at least knew how to record from 9A to 3P.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 04:52:02 PM »

Quote from: "SeattleFan"
I was going to record the race on my DVR but when I flipped through the channels it wasn't programed on the menu for Monday.  Called Comcast and they told me I was out of luck.

So I guess technology might be good but the old VCR at least knew how to record from 9A to 3P.

Ken, do you have a special DVR recorder?  I tried recording something once, and the device didn't work.  I called Comcast, which also serves my area, and the operator told me that I needed a special receiver.  She added that the best she could do was to add my name to a waiting list, because no such receivers were available for shipping.

DIRECTV also has DVR technology, under the TiVo brand name, but you must purchase the receiver and a separate monthly subscription.  That is why, even though I have a DIRECTV receiver in my room, I do not have DVR service.

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 08:13:09 PM »

Quote from: "SeattleFan"

Ken,

I don't know how cable dvr's work, but with DirecTV and Tivo, you just have to go in and manually sent the time like you would to record with a vcr.  F/X did not send the "guide data" down to our Tivo in time to have it show up as the race for Monday (on the guide).  Of course, they never do with rescheduled races.  I just set my Tivo manually to record from noon until 5 p.m. and even though the "title bar" said it was a movie, we go the entire race.  

But I have heard cable's recorders don't have all the same features as Tivo, so I'm not sure you'd have had that option.

Sorry you missed the race.  But glad Craig got to see it and without the commercials.  

Cheryl
SeattleFan
Sophmore

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 04:51:38 AM »

Ohhh.... I had a few seconds more tonight and found the manual recording setting  :oops:  Now next time I will be all set!!
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 07:36:36 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Amen to that, Craig!  However, I must add the caveat that the reason you did not see the logos is that the advertising deals are only applicable to the United States and not to Canada.

Yep, knew that from the past.  The only time this feed seems to be bad is when they are actually discussing something you wanted to see.. Not that this happens much during a regular Fox broadcast..  :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: