November 18, 2017, 04:54:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Lucky Dog" Chased Me All Weekend!  (Read 1118 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 24, 2006, 07:55:56 PM »

I'm not kidding!  As I've mentioned elsewhere, Lou and I went to the Hooters race at Lonesome Pine Raceway this weekend.  I'm sure everyone has noticed, Ken Butler, Jr. has started sponsoring the "Aaron's Lucky Dog" in the NASCAR Series.  In Hooters, his two sons, Ken, III. and Brett are running in a car out of Michael Waltrip's shop.  The Aaron's company has a booth at every race to promote their products.  

Friday night, the race sponsor (Food City) had a "Rev It Up" party at their store close to the track.  They had several drivers there signing autographs and free hot dogs and stuff for fans.  Also, the GIANT Food City shopping cart we always see at Bristol.  More on that later...

Anyway, Aaron's had a special booth there with some contest to win something to do with MW, but I didn't pay that much attention.  What they did have was this mascot running around the parking lot.  A guy (I'm guessing) dressed up in this big goofy dog suit.  Okay, I CAN be dense at times.  I just thought of him as a mascot for the Aaron's company.  Anyway, the guy kept interjecting himself between me and the official USAR photograph, Kathy Bond.  Then later when I was trying to take a picture of the drivers posing IN the giant shopping cart, he jumped in front of the camera and wanted me to take his picture.  I made the mistake of obliging him (they always say NOT to encourage people, but I'm a sucker I guess).  Later, he wanted to "hug" me.  I finally said to Lou "he's keeps 'dogging' me.  I guess he doesn't realize I'm a cat person."  The guy then pantomines this real hurt look, does a hands-off motion, and finally wanders away.  

Saturday during the pre-race ceremonies on the starting grid, the mascot comes over again for another "hug."  I humored him again and then walked away.  It wasn't until I heard our friend, Gene Crane, on the PA saying he was the Aaron's Lucky Dog that the clue brick finally hit me over the head!  Later I told Lou no wonder he kept chasing me around!  They must've heard how much I bitch about that stupid lucky dog rule in NASCAR.   :lol:   Kind of like right after ISC started the infamous "cooler rules" a cooler flew out of the back of a pick-up truck in front on me on the way home from work and lodged under my car.   :shock:

Anyway, here's a link to some of the younger drivers in the giant shopping cart which is pretty neat.  If you are planning on waiting til Wednesday to enjoy the Hooters race on TV, don't look at the other pictures on this page:

http://www.usarprocup.com/cgi-bin/phgal.pl?alb=images/Eventimages/2006-04-22-Images&pg=2&enl=Pic_3.jpg

I'll try to find my picture of the Aaron's Lucky Dog and post it tomorrow.

Cheryl "see I can still find some humor in NASCAR"   :lol:
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 12:43:09 PM »

Here is visual proof that Cheryl is not seeing things.

derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 04:12:17 PM »

I was LOL at this story of poor Cheryl trying to get away from this Aaron's dog..

Thanks for the laugh (and the proof Lou!).

Craig
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 05:37:54 PM »

Cheryl was the first to be chased around, but she won't be the last! :lol:

Expect to see a lot of the Aaron's Lucky Dog this weekend at Talladega.  After all, the races are the Aaron's 499 and the Aaron's 312.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 05:47:23 PM »

Glad you enjoyed my story, Craig!   Cheesy

Desmond,

I doubt this particular Lucky Dog will be at Talladega!  I think he's the one who follows the Hooters Cup Series, so I'll probably be running from him at this weekend's race at Concord, NC.   :shock:

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 02:57:03 PM »

If he shows up at Kil Kare on 5/12 Cheryl, I'll run interference for ya! :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 03:20:57 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
If he shows up at Kil Kare on 5/12 Cheryl, I'll run interference for ya! :-D

Thanks, Dick!   Cheesy   And thank you for your kind words about me earlier this week.  I meant to reply to that post and there were so many after the weekend, I couldn't find it again.  But thanks again!  

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 07:42:52 PM »

de Nada mno ami! :-D

PS I'm kinda slow, but I am big, so I think we can handle him. :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: