November 24, 2017, 03:45:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Irl Japan Race.  (Read 680 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: April 24, 2006, 02:32:11 PM »

Another thing that didn't help this broadcast was the fact they showed the same prerace thing twice and they didn't show the green flag or the first 16 or 17 laps.

Espn completely screwed up.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 06:17:23 PM »

Not only that, Bryan, there was no "side-by-side," either!

I wonder if this was due to the tape delay.  I missed both the Homestead and St. Petersburg telecasts earlier in the season.  Maybe you can remember if "side-by-side" was part of both those races.

As for Rusty Wallace, it was my first chance to hear him on an IndyCar telecast and he was as good as everyone else says he is.  He has adapted very well to a series he had barely seen before, and he figures to be a huge asset to NASCAR coverage on ESPN/ABC next year.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 10:59:37 PM »

desmond side by side was a part of the homestead telecast Cheesy
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 12:10:37 AM »

It was part of both of the first 2 broadcasts.

The reason why it was not a part of this one was cause of the tape delay i think.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 04:40:29 PM »

Thanks, Bryan.

Unfortunately, don't look for it to return until the road course race at Watkins Glen in June.  The Indy 500 didn't have "side-by-side" last year and almost certainly won't this year.  The reason, I am told, is that the advertising for the Indy 500 is handled by ABC and not by the Indy Racing League.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 11:06:53 PM »

Cheesy  Cheesy desmond are you sure about that?? i have that race on tape and do remember them using that feature at least twice. if necessary i can check my tape. Cheesy  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: