November 21, 2017, 01:21:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Broadcast teams in 2007  (Read 1289 times)
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« on: April 14, 2006, 06:55:26 AM »

So I figured this would be fun to try. Of the currently available NASCAR broadcasters who do you think (or would like) to be part of the teams at TNT and ABC/ESPN next year. Now I'm assuming FOX keeps the same team, and there's really no reason to believe they won't even though DW is the only one officially signed beyond this year.

ABC/ESPN
Race Announcer: Jerry Punch
Color Analyst: Rusty Wallace
Color Analyst: Wally Dallenbach

Pits: Mike Massaro
Pits: John Kernan
Pits: Dave Burns
Pits: Marty Snider

Hosts: This is where they'll probably throw in a non NASCAR person like Al Michaels or someone strange. But my pick would be Alan Bestwick!

TNT
I had heard some rumblings that TNT will just hire a number of the FOX broadcast crew instead of starting a new team. So I'm kind of going to go on that.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 12:39:55 PM »

First off, I don't think either team needs a "host."  Chris Meyers still seems superfluous after all these years.  

ABC/ESPN

Allen Bestwick
Jerry Punch
Rusty Wallace

or

Allen Bestwick
Rusty Wallace
Wally Dallenbach

With Dr. Jerry in the pits where he did so well in the past

Other pit reporters:
John Kernan (of course)
Matt Yocum (he seems to have such a natural rapport w/the drivers)
Bill Weber

Fox should hire Wally to replace Darrell, but I know that ain't ever gonna happen.  Wally is the voice of reason and actually has recent driving experience.  They need to get rid of that stupid Hollywood Hotel and keep Jeff Hammond for doing tech tips occasionally.

JZ must go (obviously) and I'm getting a bit tired of Dick Berggren (though he's improved a lot this season)

As to TNT, I've read the same thing about them using the Fox crew, which really is disappointing.  Just when we think we'll have a chance of faces after 12 races, now we'll have to put up with the same ones for even longer.   :evil:

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 12:41:45 PM »

The only other name I would like to see somewhere is Eli Gold.  The ESPN/ABC lineup sounds pretty good to me.  None of them are prone to screeching wildly, and have always been very professional.

Sal
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 02:53:48 PM »

Good point, Sal. Eli told one of the funniest stories I've ever heard during a break while doing a truck race a couple of years ago. Too long to repeat here, but if you had a scanner and heard it, it was funny. I like Eli.
 D ick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »

Quote from: "Benson23Fan"
This is where they'll probably throw in a non NASCAR person like Al Michaels or someone strange.

Sorry, Brendan.  Michaels has moved on to NBC and will call the play-by-play of its return to the NFL.

But Brent Musburger and Chris Fowler are possibilities.  Musburger is host of IndyCar telecasts, while Fowler anchored SportsCenter's coverage of the Daytona 500 (and did surprisingly well).

The rest of my proposed team agree with the most of the other picks so far:

Booth: Bestwick, Dallenbach and R. Wallace
Pits: Punch, Kernan, Massaro, and Brett McMillan (now at PRN)

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
SeattleFan
Sophmore

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 05:57:20 PM »

Don't know what he is up to but it would be fun to get Bob Jenkins back in the mix.
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 11:09:07 PM »

Cheesy  Cheesy desmond i hope to god it's not brent musberger that man is an awful broadcaster and just would kill the ratings. also what hiring danielle frye for abc? Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: