November 20, 2017, 04:46:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monaco GP  (Read 603 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: May 26, 2004, 05:02:54 PM »

Michael,

You have some very cool signatures!

I do want to ask about how Jarno Trulli could be a "truly deserving winner."  Is he one of your favorite drivers?  Was there some controversy involved in last Sunday's race?  Or were you just sick and tired of Schumacher winning everything?

One thing's for sure: they wouldn't allow such a dominant performance in NASCAR.  That's why we're all concerned about the growing cost of the sport.  And it keeps growing--whether it's new engines, new bodies, or new races here on the West Coast.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 12:34:17 AM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Michael,

You have some very cool signatures!

I do want to ask about how Jarno Trulli could be a "truly deserving winner."  Is he one of your favorite drivers?  Was there some controversy involved in last Sunday's race?  Or were you just sick and tired of Schumacher winning everything?

One thing's for sure: they wouldn't allow such a dominant performance in NASCAR.  That's why we're all concerned about the growing cost of the sport.  And it keeps growing--whether it's new engines, new bodies, or new races here on the West Coast.

Thanks, man! Cheesy  Cool

Trulli is truly deserving because the first few years of his career, he drove crap, but managed to make it work. Him never winning would've been a great tragedy for F1. Plus, he'd won pole for Monaco, and was faster than anybody else the entire race. And yes, there was plenty of controversy. Both Schumachers caused accidents in the Tunnel, one that takes out another, one that eliminates himself. Ralf was at least 3-4 laps down with second place Fernando Alonso coming up to lap him. Ralf then proceeds to let off on the good line in the Tunnel, forcing Alonso to go to the left in all the marbles. Alonso then smacks the wall to the left of him, ruining a sure 1-2 for Renault. Then under the safety car the Alonso wreck brought out, Michael, now leading because Trulli pitted when the safety car came out, locks up his brakes in the Tunnel. Montoya goes to the right to avoid him, then Michael closes the gap, causing Montoya to pop him into the air, then spinning to the right, then yanking the wheel to the left, and knocking the left front loose, causing it to hang by its tether after hitting at about the same spot Alonso did, ending his chance for 6 straight, and setting off a celebration in the Mansell household, knowing that he's just tied with Schumacher for most wins to open a season, not second to him.

And I was kind of sick of seeing Schumi at the top. His last two wins came from pit strategy, and so it was nice to see the fastest driver win for once.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 04:28:12 PM »

Michael,

Thanks for the information.  But I've thought of another reason you would write the new signature like that.

IT'S A PUN!  Don't know why I took me so long to think of that.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: