November 21, 2017, 01:20:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okay, I'll Start  (Read 7001 times)
sally
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 03:12:14 AM »

Cowboy, I understand the love of 'horse power', too.  I've ridden and trained horses for over 40 years, did some showing too.  Whether it's a 4 speed tranny, or the original '4 on the floor' with hooves, there's just something about it, isn't there?

Sally
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 03:51:16 AM »

Thanks Sally.  I still love a good horse!  I was going to ask what breed but I'll leave that alone.  They may be Arabins:)

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
sally
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 11:47:13 AM »

Nope, generally Thoroughbreds.  I ride and show Hunters, play 'jump the fence.

Sally
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 05:19:13 PM »

James, they still have the Friday night races at Kil Kare, except when it rains.
  My daughters were into horses at the 4 H level for 10 or 12 years. It was a lot of work for old dad, to say nothing of the expense. :?
  We did have one old Arab. He was old, but good and had a lot of personality. We also had one Appaloosa mare, whose personality most closely resembled that of a mule. She did have a beautiful foal though.  :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 08:44:44 PM »

James wrote:

When you've watched Joe Weatherly, Curtis Turner and Lee Petty power slide side by side around a red dirt track in Hillsboro, NC; watched Wendell Scott miss qualifing, but still race and change his own tires. I had the opportunity to watch the 1972 Southern 500 which has to be one of the most underated races of all times. Bobby Allison and David Pearson were neck and neck for the entire race. My last NASCAR race in person was the Coca-Cola 600 in 2004. It was the Jimmie Johnson show and probably one of the least competitive races I've ever witnessed on TV or in person.

I think that says so much about what most of us members of Speedcouch feel about today's Nascar and the lack of competition and the lack of real racing.  It is rather sad...
shawn
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 01:28:31 AM »

Hi All
I'm Shawn and live in Western Massachusetts.  I'm a spry 27 and been race since like 8 or so.  My introduction to racing was from dad as he was big fan of the old Trans-Am and Can-Am days.  

I usually head up to NHIS on the Friday of the July Cup weekend to watch practice and of course the Modifieds run.  If you ever have a chance, I highly recommend watching them run on the mile, they put on a GREAT show.  

Even though I'm a big NASCAR fan, the recent changes have made me pay more attention to short track racing.  I'm a big fan of dirt racing (I spend good number of Saturday nights @ Lebanon Valley) watching DIRT modifieds, Late Models and the sprints.

For tracks I like to visit are Bristol, Eldora, Knoxville, actually to keep the list short, how bout any dirt/short track (except ISC owned).

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2006, 08:03:52 PM »

Hi Shawn. Many of us your Dad's age and (sob, sob) maybe older, have fond memories of the old trans am and Can Am series. The trans am was sort of a stock car series, and since I had a Mustang, well you know, I could identify with it.
  Eldora is a great track.
 Dick Cheesy

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Mike4RC
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 12:42:14 AM »

Hi all, Just thought I'd introduce myself to the members here. Yes my name is really Mike and I'm a Ricky Craven fan, hence the 4RC!!! Have been a Ricky Craven fan for many years and a Nascar fan since the mid 60s. Although I'm not to thrilled with the way the sport is going now, I do watch a race ocasonally, but now the Ricky isn't racing the mood to watch just isn't there! I has seen a couple of posts on the Craven fan board about this place so I thought I'd drop in from time to time and see whats happening. Thanks for letting me join!!
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 12:28:35 PM »

Welcome Mike!

Glad you could join us.  Sounds like you'll fit right in.  I think we all still love racing, but have just become disenchanted with NASCAR for various reasons.

Again, thanks for joining and don't be shy!

Cheryl
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: