November 21, 2017, 06:07:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you noticed this?  (Read 651 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: April 10, 2006, 05:16:57 PM »

Every race, Fox turns down the announcer volume for the feature "Crank it Up."  It is enjoyable and is just one step down from being at the race itself, especially for those with digital speakers watching in high definition.

However, starting at Martinsville eight days ago, the segments now end with a graphic, something like "Crank it down, we're talking again."  Now, why do we need to see that?  :evil:  

And whose idea was this anyway?  The producers?  Network executives?  The announcers' agents? :roll:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 05:26:06 PM »

I saw that graphic during the Busch race on Saturday.  To me, it meant, they knew how loud and annoying it would be once they started talking again.   :?   But pretty much, I've starting switching over to radio when they do Crank It Up anyway, because during these segments Fox has always stopped really following the action, just using stationary cameras to coincide with their audio.  Since I want to follow the racing, I've started going to radio where they actually cover specific battles on the track.  

Cheryl
azbobbybooshay10
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 06:43:30 PM »

In my personal experience, when the "Crank it Up" segment comes on, me and my dad both turn the volume WAAAAAYYYY up to have fun with the Surround Sound. If we're not expecting it, the segment will end and all of a sudden our house thunders with Larry Mac or one of the other announcers screaming "WOW, did you see the move X put on Y!!!!"

I personally haven't seen the graphic being reffered to, but I don't mind SOME sort of indication that the announcers will be talking and I should probably take the surround sound off of volume level 10. I don't like the HUGE graphic they have (I actually liked the first one they had in 2001. Big enough to see what it was, but small enough that it wasn't super annoying.) Maybe have a smaller graphic across the bottom that has those "audio bars" going around, and have the graphic go off just as the "segment" is ending, thus warning viewers who literally do "crank it up" that the announcers will be speaking soon.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 04:51:22 PM »

OK, so I understand a little better why Fox did this, but I still feel that the reminder is annoying.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 10:22:19 PM »

For anyone who actually "cranks it up", (such as myself with my 6.1 surround system) the graphic, as dumb as it looks, is actually a Godsent.  My speakers thank them.. :-)

Usually as soon as the guys start talking it's SUPER loud.

Craig
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 01:18:44 AM »

The "crank it down", as explained by the Fox guys, was a reply to an email from a viewer who had the same problem as azbobby.... I remember they said the viewers name and told us what she had written.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: