November 24, 2017, 08:02:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Late Race Starts  (Read 3258 times)
sally
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 11:44:17 AM »

Astronaut.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 03:41:44 PM »

And sally field is the actress correct?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 12:54:16 PM »

Can we please get back on topic (or take this over to the General Chit Chat area)?

Thanks,
Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 02:49:26 PM »

Has anyone else noticed the starting time for the busch series race in talladega on saturday does anyone else besides myself think the starting time for that is kind of stupid cause i know last year that race didn't start until late cause of that rain and it finished just as it was getting dark.

Talladega does not have lights either.

But i'll bet 1 day in the future they probably will.
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 11:06:04 PM »

the issue of starting times is becoming a major issue with me.the starting times for busch races are especially awful.also why  does fox lie about the start time of the race is this deceptive advertising? Cheesy  Cheesy
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 12:31:51 PM »

It bugs me too, Ron!  But they are not technically lying, I guess.  They tell us what time their "entertainment package" is coming on, which includes the TV pre-race "show" and then the pre-race ceremonies at the track, comments from the booth, and final thoughts from pit road.  After about 45 minutes of this, they finally throw the green flag.  Ugh!

MRN was about as bad with the rebroadcast of the race they played Sunday afternoon.  I think they had a one hour pre-race show.  Lou and I got so bored with it, we went back to listening to music on XM.

TV and radio just seem to get that in their quest to attract fringe fans, how totally alienating they are to those of us who just want to see the race!

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 11:11:30 PM »

cheryl they don't mention the entertainment package starting at such and such time they say the race starts at say 1:30 pm. my local fox station confirms this in a call i made to them two weeks ago.i may ask the ftc(federal trade comission)to investigate fox and its local stations for deceptive advertising. :x  :x
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 11:36:23 PM »

Ron,

I was being sarcastic calling it the entertainment package (Lou came up with that term about a year ago).  TV doesn't it call it that; they want to sucker the viewers into thinking the race actually starts then (as you originally said).

Cheryl
dahawk660
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2006, 02:00:29 AM »

I find myself watching more and more events via video tape...can get rid of all the superfolous entertainment

ww.stockcarpitpass.com
"Home of Bye Bye Busch Whackers and the HeadBlade NASCAR Top 20"
sally
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 02:58:42 AM »

I used to be glued to the races too, until lately.  Between the extremely limited coverage, the ads, missed action, and frenetic 'commentary', I find myself doing other things during the races, and checking in once in a while.  It helps to listen to MRN, since I get a lot more drivers covered.  I also find the preoccupation with points and the crapshoot really drains a lot of the thrill.  It  trivializes each individual race, and makes the last 10 races not very palatable for me.  But, I know that won't change, and have become resigned to finding one more thing that used to be a joy becoming a thing of the past.

sally
Vivian
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2006, 09:15:25 PM »

I don't watch as much anymore either.  I do other things or just tape and fast forward through them.  Just no excitement in the actual racing part of the show any more.  No wonder ratings are down.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: