November 19, 2017, 03:30:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Article from the Scene about TV  (Read 573 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 09, 2006, 05:36:54 PM »

This is a link to an article from the NASCAR Scene by Eric Spanberg about Fox supposedly "defending" NBC having so many commercial breaks.  To me, it sounds more like they are defending themselves and their trend towards missed restarts and showing so much in replay.  

http://www.speedcouch.com/graphics/ManBitesDog.jpg

Normally, I wouldn't copy an article from a print magazine (because of copyright issues), but I think if I credit the author and source, it should be okay this one time.

But I'm curious what everyone else thinks about the comments by Fox.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 05:24:51 PM »

So Neil Goldberg says that it's easier to keep a commercial break going instead of breaking from it when trouble occurs on the track?  Sounds like evading responsibility to me. :x

I can understand why they can't do it during the local station/cable operator breaks, though.

By the way, whatever happened to JW?  No commercial reports all season! Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 05:49:56 PM »

So, radio can get in their ads, and still  cover more actual racing than TV.  Sounds as if television is handy at blaming someone else for shoddy work to me.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 07:06:33 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
So, radio can get in their ads, and still  cover more actual racing than TV.  Sounds as if television is handy at blaming someone else for shoddy work to me.

Well obviously, radio ads cost a lot less than TV ads, but that still doesn't explain the selective coverage that we get on TV.  I've always loved the "field rundowns" that MRN and PRN do (when I was listening on a scanner at the track and now since I have XM at home).  That stupid ticker on TV will never take the place of actual coverage as far as I'm concerned.  

TV made their own bed by paying so much for the broadcast rights (that they have to sell so many commercials).  But the viewers are the ones who really pay the price.  

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: