November 24, 2017, 02:06:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Racing reality shows  (Read 1728 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: May 25, 2004, 11:09:36 PM »

I don't watch a lot of tv, in general, especially on Friday night, but you have me intrigued, Cheryl, about the DRIVE, so I'll try to catch it.
  The Wallace "schtick" gets old in a hurry for me, and I don't care for Harvick, so I haven't watched 360. I have watched Busch 24/7 and I agree with your review. I kinda liked it because it was about the struggling folks,not the big successful teams.
 See ya. Smiley

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 11:30:35 PM »

I watched Drive once.  Liked it but keep forgetting it is on.  Did not care for Busch 24/7 and have watched 360 once and although I like all 3 of these drivers somewhat, the show does not seem to be really reality.  The funniest things to me were when Kevin and Delana were in the limo and Kevin wondered why the other limo was going faster than theirs and when they pulled the smoking bit on her Dad when he started his truck.  Other than that, I am not really impressed.  Even Wind Tunnel is beginning to get to me and I have just loved that one from the beginning.  The segment last night was good.  Jeff Gordon is on tonight.
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 04:38:42 AM »

I see Cheryl write she's never seen The Bachelor or Survivor. You've missed nothing, Cheryl.

And Michael Ritch. Every time I see him, I think about the last Busch Series race at the Nashville short track in 2000. He had Florida Gators decals on the sides of his car, and since most of the folks in the crowd were Tennessee Volunteers and Vanderbilt Commodores fans, he was booed! :lol:
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 08:06:47 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
I don't watch a lot of tv, in general, especially on Friday night, but you have me intrigued, Cheryl, about the DRIVE, so I'll try to catch it.

You're in luck! Starting tonight (May 26) at 8 PM EST, CMT will air the first 5 episodes of 'The Drive' back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back !

Then On Friday the 28, new episode #6 will air at 8 PM EST on CMT.

And you thought 'The Drive' was about John Elway :-)

Lou

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 08:23:24 PM »

Quote from: "Michael"
I see Cheryl write she's never seen The Bachelor or Survivor. You've missed nothing, Cheryl.

And Michael Ritch. Every time I see him, I think about the last Busch Series race at the Nashville short track in 2000. He had Florida Gators decals on the sides of his car, and since most of the folks in the crowd were Tennessee Volunteers and Vanderbilt Commodores fans, he was booed! :lol:

It's good to hear someone else say that about those two shows.  The ads for them are bad enough!   :wink:

That's funny about Michael Ritch!  I'd forgotten that he ran some Busch races in the past, but remember he did now that you reminded me.

Thanks!
Cheryl
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 12:24:13 AM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
Quote from: "Michael"

It's good to hear someone else say that about those two shows.  The ads for them are bad enough!   :wink:

That's funny about Michael Ritch!  I'd forgotten that he ran some Busch races in the past, but remember he did now that you reminded me.

Thanks!
Cheryl

And what's worse is that the last Bachelor, Jesse Palmer, backup quarterback for the New York Giants, one of the worst teams in the NFL, took time off to do that garbage. I can't take him seriously anymore.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 04:52:52 PM »

Lou, you must have read a couple of posts I put on another Board about John Elway. You are sneaky!
Yes, my teams, both college and pro were victims of Elway drives. He was special. See ya.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
ronbarnes7777
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 05:26:01 PM »

hey michael lay off about the giants!! don't worry about jessie taking time off to do the show this is going to cost hom his career
sally
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 05:54:55 PM »

So, I'm stumbling around at work today because Cheryl told us about catching up with the episodes of The Drive.  Yes, it's fascinating.  It's a little bit soap opera, a little bit "survivor"...will they find a sponsor,  will they have money to race...will they get behind the wheel of a car again?  Only the tension and struggle is REALITY.  You really gotta want to race to go through that!
Sally
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 02:57:20 PM »

OK I am in the minority - I love reality shows.  Have watcbed all the Survivors, am absolutely hooked on Amrican Idol, and I love Busch 24/7 and Nascar 360.   :oops:

And calling the Giants one of the worst teams in football is fighting words...put em up! :evil:

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Vivian
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 10:08:52 PM »

I watched the first Survivor but hate American Idol and have watched Nashville Star and liked it.  I plan to watch that one tonight "I want to date a race car driver" (I think that is the name).  Should be quite different and Jon Wood is such a cute kid.  So innocent looking and smiles so sweet.
Anyone else plan on watching that??
sally
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 10:40:27 PM »

Sorry, Viv, but I think those shows are ridiculous.  I've managed to avoid EVER watching any of them, and think the latest evolution of the Fox "concept" is insulting.  But I agree about John Wood!  Evey thime I see him, I want to pinch his cheeks.
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 01:09:47 AM »

Quote from: "sally"
Sorry, Viv, but I think those shows are ridiculous.  I've managed to avoid EVER watching any of them, and think the latest evolution of the Fox "concept" is insulting.  But I agree about John Wood!  Evey thime I see him, I want to pinch his cheeks.
Sally

I'm sorry too, but I'm with Sally.  I like Jon Wood a lot and don't even like to think about him being associated with a show where girls have to "compete" in stupid games to go out with him (I've seen the previews - how can you avoid them on every Speed show?)  We'll certainly be watching a different channel tonight.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 09:08:23 PM »

Sally and Cheryl,
What a farce that show was.  I knew in the beginning who would win and they had some of the most asinine things for the girls to do plus the girls ranged in age from 21 to 32.  What a waste of time!  :evil:

Meanwhile, back at the old tv, we have Hooters and Wind Tunnel tonight; both Cup and Busch quals tomorrow and then the truck race so guess the next 3 days will have maybe something exciting to watch.  Now, I did say "maybe"  so don't think I have lost my mind.  Thanks.   Smiley
sally
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 10:28:37 PM »

Viv, I would never think you lost your mind, just that your optimistic attitude sometimes gets the better of you.  You DO know the definition of a pessimist, don't you?  It's an optimist with lots of experience.
Sally
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: