November 22, 2017, 03:43:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone else thinks Zelasko must go  (Read 2933 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 04:53:32 PM »

OK, Vivian, so the reporters are human.  But making repeated mistakes over a six-year period?  As I have written, Chris Myers and Jeanne Zelasko have had many years to get it right and they still don't.

As for the new fans not noticing, that is simply their loss.  They will never appreciate NASCAR the way it should be.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 05:44:06 PM »

Vivian, I think Fox's problem is that they seem to be more worried about putting the 'right face' on coverage, rather than someone with knowlege.  On Speed News we now have some young dude with frosted hair on the show.  He hasn't impressed me with his wealth of knowlege, but I'm sure that Fox thinks he has the 'right image' ( young and hip) for the sort of audience they want.  They still can't tell the difference between flash and substance.

Sally
Vivian
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 08:34:38 PM »

Sally wrote:

They still can't tell the difference between flash and substance.

Therein lies the problem.  But I truly think that if they did know the difference, it would not make any difference to them.  JMO...

Desmond wrote:

But making repeated mistakes over a six-year period. As I have written, Chris Myers and Jeanne Zelasko have had many years to get it right and they still don't.

Maybe I am getting conditioned?  Nah, I have just reached a point where I think it is just a waste of time to care since we can't change it.   :smt069
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 05:30:51 AM »

If Jeanne stays or not is all depending upon the Major League Baseball situation with FOX. I know FOX is in it's last season of the MLB contract and the rumor is that NBC are looking to pick up a significant portion of the contract. If the FOX saturday game of the week goes away I bet Jeanne will do NASCAR for the entire FOX portion.

I know Jeanne actually enjoys doing the telecasts and the other broadcasters enjoy working with her. She has the reputation of being a hard worker and she was thrown into a difficult situation. David Hill wanted a woman working on their NASCAR broadcasts back in 2001 and all of the supposed NASCAR experts that auditioned weren't that great. So David and Ed Goren asked Jeanne is she would be willing to take the job.

I have to say that the Kenseth reserved "Motor" comment was her first real major error in a few seasons. I really felt in 2004 and 2005 she was starting to hold her own on pit road. Working the pits is a real difficult job, and I don't think anyone here could pull it off convincingly. Not even myself and I've been through college for Broadcasting.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 12:49:07 PM »

Welcome to the Speedcouch forum "Benson23fan."  Glad to have another JB fan on board!   :-D   I've been a fan since his ASA rookie year.  

We have a tradition of sharing first names around here.  Care to introduce yourself?  

Again, welcome!

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2006, 04:29:17 PM »

Benson23,  I don't mean to cast doubt on Jeannie Zelasko's work ethic, and think she's great with baseball.  I don't think she's found any sort of comfort level with Nascar.  Krista Voda wasn't much better when she first started, but seems to have embraced the sport.  She seems at home with the various drivers and/or crew chiefs, and has gotten comfortable in the environment.  Jeannie just doesn't seem to be comfortable in the pits, and has a tendency to ask question/make statements that are very out of tune with the racing atmosphere.  I don't claim that I could do any better, but I have to believe that there is enough 'talent' out there that Speed could find someone who seems to fit in more easily.  She just seems like a fish out of water at the track.

Sally
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 11:11:28 PM »

i won't lie i want jeanie on the broadcast as eye candy period!! :lol:  :lol:
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2006, 04:34:32 PM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes77"
i won't lie i want jeanie on the broadcast as eye candy period!! :lol:  :lol:

Well, if that's all there is, I wouldn't mind.  But I (and a lot of other people on the forum) have higher standards... Tongue

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2006, 04:52:05 PM »

Cheesy desmond that was meant as a joke :lol: seriously of course she must go. Cheesy
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »

I don't know about the rest of you but I thought Jeanne was one of the few brighter spots of the absolutely disgusting broadcast from Phoenix. She appeared to be on her game better and instead of just the usual "Air pressure adjustments and tires" she was actually giving poignant information and stories from the garage area all day long.
sally
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2006, 05:10:27 PM »

I certainly agree that it was a dismal broadcast.  luckily, I missed the majority of it, since I opted to listen to MRN.  Thus, I didn't miss the first several restarts, and didn't get the usual repetitive screeching from Fox.  However, I have to say that if Ms. Zelasko is the high point of the broadcast, Fox is in real trouble.

Sally
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: