November 25, 2017, 06:56:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drivers Wives  (Read 832 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 24, 2006, 06:07:44 PM »

This section has been moved from Bryan's post under "rate the broadcast:"

Bryan wrote:

Who was the driver's wife espn featured?

What fox did saturday night kind of reminds me of what abc used to do towards the closing laps of the indy 500 abc would show the 2 drivers wives who were the wives of the drivers who were battling it out for the win.

I would rather see the on track action then i would a couple of women.

I know after the 1992 indy 500 abc was heavily criticized by the public for how much they showed the drivers wives during the running of the indfy 500.

I've noticed they've did videopieces on  drivers wives but since then they've tried to keep the coverage off of the women and on the ontrack action until last year.

When we had to see dario's wife and then danica's mom a lot in the final laps.

I wonder if the reason fox showed biffle's girlfriend and harvick's wife was cause of the thing that happened in texas maybe fox is trying to take advantage of that and to try and hype their broadcasts further?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 06:22:30 PM »

I agree, Bryan.  Anything for ratings nowadays! :smt021

At least DeLana Harvick was "eye candy" at the end of a boring run.  Remember that Harvick's win was a foregone conclusion once Biffle ran out of gas.

Then again, such shots can add to the race telecast, but they must be used only sparingly.  DeLana seemed to be on screen forever at the end of the Subway Fresh 500.

Bryan, please disregard the private mail I sent to you.  I have found the information I requested here.  Cheryl simply moved the thread. Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 06:35:45 PM »

Could you guys refrain from using the term "eye candy?"  Frankly, that term just bugs me.

Thanks!
Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 08:52:29 PM »

Cheryl wrote:

Could you guys refrain from using the term "eye candy?" Frankly, that term just bugs me.

It really bugs me also.  Thanks for not using it again...
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 08:54:03 PM »

I don't use that term cheryl. But i think i know what desmond means by it.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 10:03:35 PM »

Cheryl, do you think that maybe the Aaron's Lucky Dog mascot uses that term? Like as applied to a certain blonde lady we all know and Love?? :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 01:02:19 AM »

You know, Dave Despain uses it on Wind Tunnel when he is showing all the quick hi-lites etc.  That does not bother me but when someone is referring to a female as that, then it does.  Sounds derogotory to me if it is reference to a female...JMHO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: