November 20, 2017, 06:51:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Excellent Article on TV Coverage  (Read 566 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: April 04, 2006, 02:38:14 PM »

This is from the "blog" of writer, David Green (not the BGN driver) at thatsracin.com.  He makes some excellent points as well as very good suggestions on how to show the field rundown.  I couldn't agree with that more (as well as his points about too much overkill).

I don't condone some of the comments made by those responding to his article about commentator's grammar, so let's not jump on that bandwagon here please.  That's one of my main site rules.  In your discussions, please try to focus on the writer's article and positive suggestions on how to improve coverage.

http://blogs.thatsracin.com/turn3/2006/04/nascar_on_telev.html#more

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 06:07:56 PM »

I agree with every point made, except that of the ticker.  For all its flaws, it is the equivalent of showing the time and score of other sporting events and should continue to be on the screen.  One improvement I want to see in the ticker is to show which drivers have improved positions from lap to lap, which is what ESPN and CBS did during their broadcasts.

And, yes, David, the comedy act is getting old!  BBB sounded good the first couple of times, but has now gotten on my nerves.  What's worse, we now know that BBB was plagiarism.  If DW was a college professor, he would probably be fired.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 09:38:43 PM »

Thanks for the link, Cheryl.  I agree with most of his points although not all.  Unfortunately, I think that the tv audience is not who they are trying to please when they broadcast so there will be no changes.  We will be there regardless, so why try to please us?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: