November 21, 2017, 08:06:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another McLaughlin Article  (Read 937 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 24, 2004, 02:30:35 PM »

This one is deals with all the NASCAR programming on TV, including the so-called "reality" shows NBC 24/7 and NASCAR Drivers 360.  

http://www.racingone.com/column.asp?artnum=19723

He really hits the nail on the head, as usual about oversaturation of NASCAR lately.  (Though I think his cracks about Larry are a little much).  I particularly like the ending about NOL says "watch the highlights of the race without wasting 3 hours of your time."  I wonder how NASCAR likes that statement on their official website?   :lol:  

I've been thinking of writing an article about the three "realtity" shows about racing on TV myself, comparing and contrasting them.  Of course, Matt missed the one show that I like best and that shows truly struggling racers outside the highly visible NASCAR spotlight.  It's "The Drive" is shown on Friday nights at 9 p.m. (eastern) on Country Music Television (CMT).  Hopefully, I can find the time to do my article sometime this week.  This show really deserves a lot of credit.  Check it out Friday if you get a chance.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 05:51:45 PM »

Once again, Mr. McLaughlin nailed it.  Unfortunately, Fox is doing the majority of the programs, and they tend to come off like all those "When (fill in the blank) Attack!".   Racing versions of the cheesy reality shows that seem to be taking over the air waves.  To me, it's just another manifestation of TV and Nascar thinking of racing as "ENTERTAINMENT" instead of a sport. :? Sally
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 02:21:09 AM »

To be honest, I don't get what The Drive is all about. :?
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 02:24:14 AM »

And why isn't Mike in a race car this year? :evil:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 02:25:43 AM »

Oh Michael....it's about REAL racers scratching to make a living with hopes and dreams of hitting the big time someday.  What's so hard to understand about that or do you only enjoy watching a bunch of spoiled rich drivers like on 360?   :?

BTW, I just finished my article about the 3 shows and Lou is uploading it right now.  I got inspired and had some extra time today, so I decided to write it.  It's taken a lot for me to get inspired about anything concerning NASCAR lately...

Cheryl
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 04:30:28 AM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
Oh Michael....it's about REAL racers scratching to make a living with hopes and dreams of hitting the big time someday.  What's so hard to understand about that or do you only enjoy watching a bunch of spoiled rich drivers like on 360?   :?

BTW, I just finished my article about the 3 shows and Lou is uploading it right now.  I got inspired and had some extra time today, so I decided to write it.  It's taken a lot for me to get inspired about anything concerning NASCAR lately...

Cheryl

I figured that. My digital cable on-screen guide just has different descriptions of the show. I guess I'm stupid.

To tell you the truth, Kenny Wallace saves 360.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: