November 20, 2017, 02:39:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOX Crawler  (Read 975 times)
sally
« on: March 26, 2006, 01:37:54 AM »

What is the problem lately with the crawler with the driver positions?  Trying to keep track of who was where during the Busch race today was almost impossible.  From one lap to the next they would show a driver in positions at least 15 spots different!  That's ridiculous.  This has been happening a lot lately, and is extremely annoying when the booth doesn't give much useful info on where cars are running past the top 10.

And, once again, we heard from the booth that there was a close race for second, as the camera focused on teh first place car running alone.  Yeah, that's exciting.

sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 07:25:10 PM »

Yeah, I have been noticing that for a while too, Sally.  Even during the NBC part of the season last fall.  But it was really bad during the Busch race yesterday.  I've seen timing and scoring at USAR races, so I understand that the screen sometimes has to "refresh" itself.  But as I always say, if Fox can't provide accurate information (for any reason), then just take the ticker off the screen until the system gets fixed.  

I saw Danny O'Quinn listed 12th one lap, then 33rd in another, then back to 12th again.  When you are forced to rely on the ticker to see where your favorites are running, it's just frustrating to have it not even provide accurate information.  But then again, I think TV needs to cover more than just a few drivers (and in the case of BGN, it seems like they are always focusing on the Cup drivers most of the time anyway).  Just extremely frustrating for Lou and I who were trying to follow where O'Quinn and some of the rookies were running yesterday.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 06:15:21 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
But as I always say, if Fox can't provide accurate information (for any reason), then just take the ticker off the screen until the system gets fixed.

Sounds good, except...the tickers are sponsored, with different brands showing up every few minutes.  Fox doesn't want to give away refunds if the companies complain about their absence.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 11:48:43 PM »

cheryl could you find out from the nets if there are some kind of satellite problems invovled?   :?  :?
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 03:29:46 AM »

You know, I am not sticking up for the Network or Fox but there is just no way the scroll at the top can keep up with the laps.  By the time it rolls across on a short track, there have been up to 5 laps run.  My best suggestion would be just to eleminate the scroll on short tracks.  JMO...
sally
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 04:18:56 AM »

Vivian, I agree.  In fact, I wish they would do away with the crawler entirely.  I prefer the way they used to do it...show the running order like a scoring pylon, giving 5 cars at a time.  You didn't have to keep your eyes glued to it to keep track of where cars were running.  As I recall, they used to show it about every 25-50 laps or so.  Often enough to  keep track without being a distraction.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 01:13:47 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Vivian, I agree.  In fact, I wish they would do away with the crawler entirely.  I prefer the way they used to do it...show the running order like a scoring pylon, giving 5 cars at a time.  You didn't have to keep your eyes glued to it to keep track of where cars were running.  As I recall, they used to show it about every 25-50 laps or so.  Often enough to  keep track without being a distraction.

Sally, I agree with you 100%.  The scoring pilon that ESPN used was fine.  Unfortunately, Desmond is right, it's all about the sponsorship of the ticker.  They want us to be distracted and see who paid for the ticker.   :evil:   That's the whole point for it IMHO.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: