November 21, 2017, 01:18:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exciting Busch Race at Vegas  (Read 994 times)
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« on: March 12, 2006, 03:31:50 AM »

What an exciting race!  I almost saw a pass for the lead before Fox switched to the previious pass for the lead!  Heck, they even had green flag pit stops.  I bet that was a shock for the crews. Where's a glove when you need it.  They had a green, white, checkered finish at least.  I think I'm gonna need some more No-Doz for tomorow!

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
sally
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 09:03:41 PM »

My favorite part was the last lap.  The announcers were excited about the battle for a place around 5 thru 8, and the camera spent the whole lap on Kasey Kahne, running uncontested to the finish line.  And they wonder why the viewing public see the races as dull?

Sal
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 02:37:25 AM »

James,

I couldn't agree with you more about the broadcast.  Simply horrible!  Granted it wasn't a very exciting race, but TV was away at commercial so much and constantly worrying about whacker, Stewart, it was ridiculous.  I cut the sound over to PRN through half the race, so I could actually hear about what was going on.  

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 06:30:41 PM »

Because of the bad weather forecast for the Las Vegas area, I'm surprised that the race started on time.

I was out all day in Orange County.  I tuned the TV set that night to FX and expected to see a race that was still going on.

Then again, the ESPN "bottom line" was not helpful.  It didn't post the result until hours later because of a pre-occupation on the last full day of college basketball before the teams were selected.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 09:41:13 PM »

What I remember most about the Busch race was a remark by one of the announcers about 3/4 into the race.  Although I don't remember what driver and position he was referring to, he said and I quote:  "Driver _____ in position ____ is the highest running in his class of the non-Nextel Cup drivers."  Unquote.

So, it has come down to this now.  Classes...... Sad

Wonder how long it will be before it is no longer called the Busch Series and Busch no longer sponsors that series....

The race?  What race?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 07:44:06 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Although I don't remember what driver and position he was referring to, he said and I quote:  "Driver _____ in position ____ is the highest running in his class of the non-Nextel Cup drivers."  Unquote.

So, it has come down to this now.  Classes...... Sad

It could have been a reference to the former Cup driver Jason Leffler.  Give him and the Braun-Akins team credit for a fantastic eighth-place run on Saturday. Cheesy

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 10:38:47 PM »

It was Johnny Sauter he was referring to.  When he said 'class', he was referring to all the regular Busch only drivers.
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 11:13:40 PM »

I wish I had seen all the Busch race.. I only caught the last 20+ laps.. I would have liked to have seen the opening part with the National Anthem with John Schneider and the General Lee!  I read John did a great job on the anthem!

Craig
Vivian
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 01:46:27 AM »

Craig, John did do a great job.  I have music tapes from him when he had that singing career right after the Dukes went off the air. Don't know if he has any new ones or not. Has a great voice.  You would have liked the anthem very much.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 01:37:41 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Craig, John did do a great job.  

I have to agree that John did the best version of the anthem I've heard in a long time.   I remember his country songs too and liked them (though I've never seen an episode of the Dukes).  He actually sounded like he has a classical voice on the Anthem, which surprised me.
I just had one problem with him pausing before the last line and saying something (can't remember what it was).   It WAS patriotic, but seemed out of place to add your own words.  But then, I heard him later on PRN telling the guys about how hard it is to time it right with the flyover, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that the ad lib was to draw out the last line so it would come as the jets went over.  

I always "rate" the National Anthems on a scale of 1-10 and before the ad lib, I definitely would've given John a 10.
Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: