November 24, 2017, 09:34:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Very in-ter-esting"  (Read 1785 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: March 13, 2006, 06:22:53 PM »

That line is, of course, from Arte Johnson's Nazi character on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In.

It could also describe the scene two weeks from now when Chad Knaus returns to Jimmie Johnson's pit box.  He will return to a team with two wins and a second-place during his suspension from the track.

From what I've read, Hendrick Motorsports will welcome Knaus back with open arms.  But will Darian Grubb be the happy soldier, willing to return to a lesser post, or will he leave?

Yes, that is a good possibility.  Unlike the major team sports, NASCAR has no protection against tampering.  Therefore, another team can offer Grubb a boatload of money and he can leave to go elsewhere.  And you can be sure that, if Grubb leaves, the line for his services will stretch all the way to at least the Mooresville city limits.

Stay tuned, folks!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 05:32:50 AM »

I don't think that's much of a possibility.  He was quoted (don't know where I saw it) saying he didn't care for the crew chief role.  It's not like Chad doesn't have any input.  Chad probably has as much (or more) access to track action in his home, motel room, motor home, etc. than Grubb at the track.  My bottom line; Grubb stays, but stranger things have happened.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 07:32:39 PM »

Quote from: "cowboy271"
My bottom line; Grubb stays, but stranger things have happened.

I'll respond this way: Watch the NCAA basketball tournament this weekend and see how many times they reference Bob Knight disciples, Coach K disciples, Eddie Sutton disciples, and so on.  Maybe Darian Grubb, the "Chad Knaus disciple," moves on as well.

Besides, he says he doesn't enjoy the job that much?  Remember, two wins and a second place.  Who doesn't enjoy that?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 08:33:39 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Watch the NCAA basketball tournament this weekend...

No thanks!  I'll be watching the fantastic racing at Atlanta!   :-D  Triple-header of trucks, BGN and Cup.  Yee-haw!!!

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 09:23:48 PM »

You didn't learn that sarcasm from your hubby did you Cheryl?? :-D
I think Desmond has a point. How could you not enjoy 2 wins and a second?

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 10:44:42 PM »

Why doesn't anyone understand that Knaus is not gone from the team?  He is with them everywhere except sitting on the pit box and roaming the pits.  With the building of the car going on during the week at the shop and all the cell phones and computer on line, he has full access except the physical sitting or walking in the pits and garage at the track.  JMO, but trust me, he still calls all shots.
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 11:15:23 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Why doesn't anyone understand that Knaus is not gone from the team?  He is with them everywhere except sitting on the pit box and roaming the pits.  With the building of the car going on during the week at the shop and all the cell phones and computer on line, he has full access except the physical sitting or walking in the pits and garage at the track.  JMO, but trust me, he still calls all shots.

I agree Vivian.. It's quite the farce that they make people believe "he is gone" but he's still as hands on as he was before, except he's not sitting on the box.  I wonder if he's even making calls during the race?Huh??
sally
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 03:43:10 AM »

As I recall, on the new show 7 Days, they were following Lee Spencer around the track this week, and one of the things they showed was her watching the #48 pit box.  She was watching them on line with Chad during practice on their lap top.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 01:44:16 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
You didn't learn that sarcasm from your hubby did you Cheryl?? :-D
I think Desmond has a point. How could you not enjoy 2 wins and a second?

No, I came up with it myself this time.   Cheesy   Probably a carryover from my review of the Fox broadcast, I guess.  But I wasn't talking about the 48 team at all, just trying to point out that most of us here will be watching the races not basketball.  

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 03:45:26 PM »

Hey Vivian, believe me, I understood that Chad is lurking around. Just another one of those things about todat's Nascar that make you go --HHMMMMMMM??

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 05:41:23 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
No thanks!  I'll be watching the fantastic racing at Atlanta!   :-D  Triple-header of trucks, BGN and Cup.  Yee-haw!!!

OK, Cheryl, so I get the point!

I was just wondering if some of today's crew chiefs were proteges of other crew chiefs of the past.  If so, and if Darian Grubb were to someday be a full-time crew chief, it would fit a pattern.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: