November 18, 2017, 02:00:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Raceday  (Read 2036 times)
sally
« on: March 12, 2006, 09:14:54 PM »

I have to laugh every time I see the Fox promos for Racday, calling it 'the best pre race show on television'!

Isn't it the ONLY one?

Sal
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 02:40:26 AM »

This was the first time I watched the newly retitled "NASCAR This Morning."  What was sad was they had to cut away from John Roberts and this usual group to the Fox broadcast team.  Can't the viewers be spared DW until the actual broadcast?  

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 06:25:56 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
I have to laugh every time I see the Fox promos for Racday, calling it 'the best pre race show on television'!

In fairness, that part of the ad was based on a review in the Orlando Sentinel.  So if they don't know that it's the only such show on TV, it's not the fault of the Speed Channel.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 09:46:07 PM »

I would like to have that little log set for my yard at home.  With an umbrella it would make for a lovely picnic space.

The show has not changed, IMO....Just the set....
sally
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 10:26:31 PM »

I thought Kenny Wallace had a great comment, though.  When they were talking about changing the banking at Vegas to make for side by side racing, Kenny pointd out that the real problem is that most of the new tracks are not only too flat, but TOO LONG!  He pointed out that you didn't have aero problems at Richmond or Martinsville!  They built the new tracks hoping to run open wheel races, too.  Thus making most of them unsuitable (too flat) for heavy stock cars.
At the short tracks, even if the leader gets way out ahead, he has to deal non stop with lapped cars, which certainly keeps things interesting!

Sal
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 02:33:25 AM »

I remember Kenny Wallace saying that.  And it is so true.  Bristol has the greatest racing, IMO.  None of these longer flat tracks have any competition that we get to see, especially for the lead.  And they don't show us much in pack action.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 07:54:54 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
They built the new tracks hoping to run open wheel races, too.  Thus making most of them unsuitable (too flat) for heavy stock cars.

As it turns out, both Fontana and Las Vegas have dropped open-wheel cars from their schedules!

So does that mean Fontana gets progressive banking, too?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: