March 18, 2018, 09:06:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hall of Fame inductees  (Read 328 times)

« on: March 07, 2006, 12:41:55 AM »

The NASCAR Hall of Fame is now official.  Today, Charlotte was announced as the site of the newest shrine in major-league professional sports.

Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt, and possibly Jeff Gordon (if NASCAR allows active drivers to be inducted) are shoo-ins for the first class.  But who else should be there?  David Pearson? Cale Yarborough? Junior Johnson?

Also: My biggest concern about the hall is that it will be run by NASCAR itself, unlike the other shrines, which are run by nonprofit organizations.  How much control will NASCAR have over its exhibits, how certain events and people are portrayed, and even who gets inducted?

Let me know what you think on both questions.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 01:33:25 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Let me know what you think on both questions.

I think all the hoopla about the site for this thing is the biggest non-story this year!  Just a publicity stunt by NASCAR to draw more attention to themselves.  I was sick of hearing about it about 4 months ago and now that's all that's been on the NASCAR channel on XM for two days.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: