November 21, 2017, 06:19:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road course quals.  (Read 388 times)
sally
« on: March 04, 2006, 10:06:06 PM »

I have to say that I really liked the new qualifying format they used in Mexico City for the road course.  Using practice speeds, they sent cars out in groups of 5 or 6, 10 sec. apart, slowest first.  Not only did it go much faster, but one mistake didn't put anyone out of contention immediately.  I hope they use this format for the other road courses this year!

Sal
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 01:24:47 AM »

I enjoyed this format also.  Not only was qualifing faster, but it made it more interesting.  

I also hope they are using this format for rest of the road courses this year.

Vivian
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 09:47:44 PM »

I thought it was a great way to qualify.  It went fast and was not quite as boring since you could catch several cars rather than just one.  Great idea.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 12:04:33 AM »

Frankly, I didn't know how this new format would go.  My biggest concern was that drivers would be involved in accidents, but that did not happen.  As some of the other members have written, this is a great way to speed up the process, and I hope to see it at Sonoma and Watkins Glen later this year.

Also don't forget that the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez scheduled a Grand Am race that afternoon.

:smt028 (had to put it in there)

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: