November 24, 2017, 03:36:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Busch Race in Mexico  (Read 306 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 06, 2006, 02:10:42 PM »

I really didn't care if I watched this race or not.  I haven't been enthralled with road races for about the last 15 years.  For the most part, they seem like single-file parades.  I also don't support making the Busch teams haul all the way down to Mexico City.  But Lou was interested in watching it and, frankly, there wasn't anything else on to watch yesterday, so we tuned in.    

It was nice to see Denny Hamlin get his first Busch win.  I really do think he's a nice guy, but it always bothers me that guys can't win when they are running as Busch regulars seem to be able to do it easily after they have some Winston Cup experience.  That said, Hamlin did an excellent job holding off Boris Said, a road course veteran.  I was really rooting for Boris or Ron Fellows (who I've liked for a long time).  Unfortunately, neither had the car to win.  

Other than a few guys getting off course from time to time, the whole event was a real snoozer.  When all the TV announcers can talk about is how pit stop strategy would win the race, that's not much of a race IMHO.

Even through there were only 5-7 Buschwhackers there, they still dominated the top 10 (along with the road race "experts").  Only two true Busch regulars in the top 10 and a total of four in the top 15.  

I'm really, really not singling out an individual Cup driver, but how sad will it be if a guy who has been in Cup for several years ends up winning the Busch championship this year?  

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: