November 21, 2017, 07:19:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Article on Canadian Fans  (Read 2486 times)
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 10:42:52 PM »

Thanks Vivian for the kind comments.  Mckenna turned 4 last Sunday and she's quite the helper with her baby brother!

I got the tickets today for Bristol in my hands.. To say it feels like a dream is an understatement.. Never would have guessed I would finally get to Bristol. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will give the report when I get back..  We booked our campsite at this Thunder Valley Campground place.. Looks like it will be a ton of fun and it's not far from the track.

It's hard to believe not even 1 year ago we went to Martinsville and had such a great time.. I thought it would be years until I could go to another race.  Now I get to go to Bristol too.  :-)  

Can't wait for Atlanta this weekend...

Craig
sally
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 03:51:21 AM »

Craig, I know exactly how you feel!  I remember Staci and I wondering who we would have to kill to get Bristol tickets!   The first time we went to the night race, we just kept looking at each other, wondering how we got there!

Beware, though.  Driving home from the spring race, we got caught in a blizzard coming thru Ohio.  Miserable.  We always thought it would be a cold day in hell before we went to Bristol.  I guess sitting on the Ohio Turnpike for 2 hours, waiting for them to clear a jackknifed truck come pretty close to hell, and it sure was cold....

Seriously, have a great time.  If you want to go next March, remember, I always have 2 tickets for sale!

Safe trip.

Sally
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 04:42:48 PM »

Hi Sally.

Blizzard?  No worries!  You are forgetting where I am from.. LOL..  :-)

I'll probably be one of the few people at the track who have snow tires on their car still.. hahahaha..  You don't technically need snow tires here but they help a ton with traction.

But thanks for the heads up on the Ohio weather.  I appreciate it.

You always have 2 tickets for sale???  You have season tickets I guess?

Craig
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 04:51:03 PM »

Quote from: "derbyit857"
I got the tickets today for Bristol in my hands.. To say it feels like a dream is an understatement.. Never would have guessed I would finally get to Bristol. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will give the report when I get back..  We booked our campsite at this Thunder Valley Campground place.. Looks like it will be a ton of fun and it's not far from the track.

Cool that you have received the tickets!   :-D

Glad you found a campground near the track.  Sorry Lou and I didn't get a chance to give you any advice on traffic and all.  

You'll be temp camping, right?  My only advice is make sure you bring LOTS of blankets!  It's been known to snow AT the track for the spring race.  I didn't know Lou then, but I've heard about his first trip there for the spring race in 1991 with his first camper.  He camped on the drag strip (back in the old days when you didn't need to reserve that area a year in advance).  He said he pulled in during the middle of the night and when he woke up the next morning, there was snow on the ground!  Remember Bristol IS in the mountains and it's gets really cold there at night.  

But being from Canada, I'm sure you will be well-prepared with warm clothes and everything necessary.   Cheesy   I'm actually getting very excited FOR you!  

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 05:34:52 PM »

Craig, you will not be disappointed! Cheesy

I even feel the electricity of the Bristol races by just watching them on television.  I can only imagine what it would be like to see them in person.

One new thing for this spring is that the Busch Series race has been extended to at least 300 laps.  For the fans, that is great news, but for the teams, particularly those with less money, that is bad news. :x   Also, we can only imagine how many more middle fingers and thrown helmets we'll see this year.

Maybe we'll even see this! :smt062

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 06:38:23 PM »

Yes, Craig, Staci and I have season tickets...the only way to night night race tickets for sure.  We finance our August trip by selling the March tickets.  So.....I have to order my season tickets in October.  If you're interested in a repeat of this year, just let me know!

Sally
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 11:33:05 PM »

Thanks Cheryl!  Yes, I am so happy to have the tickets in hand.  My pal Chuck (who you met at Martinsville) was a bit paranoid about sending that much money to a total stranger but I knew that since you were recommending this guy, he was perfectly fine to be trusted.. Thank you again. I emailed and phoned to thank Jerry for the tickets and to let him know we got them OK. They made great time getting here too!  Texas to Markham, Ontario in less than 24 hrs!  WOW!  Fed-Ex must have had Denny Hamlin deliver the package!  hahahaha.  We will certainly take heed on the cold weather situation.  We will bring the appropriate clothes in case it's hot or cold.  Normal weather here this time of year is anywhere from 23-37 F so I can guess what sort of clothes we should bring.  

Desmond: I totally agree.  This race is going to be so exciting.. I LOVE watching this race on TV.. I can't imagine what it will be like to be a part of it!  I just saw that 300 lap deal on the Bristol site yesterday. I guess we get to be part of the largest green flag deal too where they give us all green flags to wave when the race starts.. It's a flag we get to keep so it will make a nice souvenier!!

Sally: What a cool idea!  I wonder how many others do this as well?  I will certainly let you know if we are up for another trip. I guess you never have a problem selling your spring tickets eh?  EVERYONE wants to go to Bristol. I just overheard some guy last night that isn't even a big NASCAR fan say he wanted to go to Bristol sometime.

And just to update what this post started about in the first place, I've been to 2 car shows and 1 woodworking show in the last 3 weeks.  The total amount of NASCAR jackets I've seen people wearing HAS to be 35 or higher.  And this is just ONE day at each of these shows!!  WE NEED OUR OWN NASCAR RACE!!  Forget Mexico..  :-)

Craig
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2006, 01:26:15 PM »

Quote from: "derbyit857"
WE NEED OUR OWN NASCAR RACE!!  Forget Mexico..  :-)

I couldn't agree more, Craig!  

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006, 05:42:13 PM »

Congratulations, Craig. Lovely kids, and late February is a great time to be born! :-D

Enjoy Bristol. I had to turn down tickets this year due to other commitments, but I'm agonna go there some day. :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: