November 23, 2017, 02:40:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CALIFORNIA TRUCK RACE  (Read 766 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: February 28, 2006, 03:42:24 PM »

Cheryl, I agree with your analysis of the truck race broadcast regarding all the points you raised. The lousy effort by SPEED simply resulted in my turning the sound down and reading a magazine while keeping one eye on what little bit of the race they showed.
 As I have said before, I've been to some truck races, and they are a lot of fun live, and should be a lot of fun on TV. For the reasons you stated, the broadcasts are terrible, and we know that Phil Parsons is capable of much better.
 What really bothers me is the unabashed constant pitch for Toyota by the Waltrips. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why they do not understand how irritating that can be.
 Even tho I'm pretty much of a redneck on the "furrin cars and trucks" vs good ole USA stuff, I probably could be convinced to by a foreign brand. After all, Ford has a Big piece of Mazda,  :-D .
  But the Waltrips have turned me off so bad, I will NEVER buy a Toyota, despite knowing that they do build good trucks.
 Enough of my rant.
 Dick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 03:59:31 PM »

Thanks for your kind words about my review, Dick!  

Oh, I think the Waltrips understand how annoying they are.  It just seems like they don't care anymore as long as they get paid plenty of money by their sponsors.  

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 05:57:03 PM »

On the other hand, the new commercial featuring DW winning a short-track race with a Toyota pace truck is very funny. :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 09:08:01 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
On the other hand, the new commercial featuring DW winning a short-track race with a Toyota pace truck is very funny. :lol:

True enough, Desmond. But because the Waltrips have turned me off for so long, I'm really not laughing. :evil:

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 09:09:14 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
Quote from: "Desmond"

True enough, Desmond. But because the Waltrips have turned me off for so long, I'm really not laughing. :evil:

I mute the sound to ALL Waltrip commercials anymore or ff'd through them if I can, so basically since they've turned me off, I've turned them off too.   :-D   And to bring up a point Vivian made when DW's dumb commercials came out, why does the Toy truck company always have to have him destroying something?  I have a sense of humor, but don't find those commercials amusing at all.  

Cheryl
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 10:19:55 PM »

I used to never miss a truck race.  But I'm with you Cheryl, Speed isn't doing that great of a job with them anymore.  WAY too many commercials.  How can you get focused on the race with it broken up so much?

As for the Toyota commercials, they seem to be funny once and that's the end of it.  I swear I hear "Sincerely, Darryl Waltrip" in my sleep over and over after each truck race on Speed I watch. :-)   I guess I shouldn't complain.. It's better than BBB.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: