November 20, 2017, 06:36:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Paint?  (Read 989 times)
sally
« on: February 26, 2006, 04:44:18 PM »

Speed premiered a new show last night, "Trading Paint'.  It appeared to me to be the Polically Correct replacement for Pit Bulls.  It had Michael Waltrip and David Poole 'debating' topics in front of the now requisit live trackside audience.

I think Speed needs to consider that viewers may be getting a severe Mikey overload.  Between his time on the truck series broadcasts, IWC, and now this, I'm rapidly burning out on the Waltrip family.  It sounded as if Mikey was put on the program to be the unofficial mouthpiece for Nascar... a function he fulfills during most of his airtime.  When David Poole siad he thought Nascar had dropped the ball on their penalties from Daytona, Mikey accused him of 'playing to the crowd'.

I found this show to be a poor substitue for Pit Bulls.

sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 08:10:51 PM »

I watched a little bit of the show, and I found Michael Waltrip and David Poole to be an interesting contrast.

Clearly, the new management of Speed Channel wants to restore public confidence after the debacle that was Backseat Drivers.  As Sally wrote, this show is supposed to be more like Pit Bull, but it doesn't look good from where I sit.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: