November 20, 2017, 06:46:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richmond TV  (Read 720 times)
sally
« on: May 22, 2004, 02:35:39 AM »

I just read in my Nascar Scene newsletter, that the ratings for the Richmond race were down about 7%.  I'm sue that Brian France will tell us this is because of the "saturated market" (on TV, no less), and has nothing to do with the fact that so many former fans have become so disgusted with what he is trying to turn Nascar into, that they are giving up in disgust.
Sally
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 05:41:06 PM »

Sally, I know that I have lost a lot of interest and I am spending time trying to figure out the real reason.  I know deep down that the tracks changing and schedules are part of it but I think the major reason is the media.  They are just so bent on trying to make things sound more exciting and better than before that some of their rantings and phoney remarks just seem to question my integrity too much.  I almost feel like they think they are teachers and spreaders of good things and they forget the real reason they are up there to announce the race; and like Cheryl said in describing what she looks for in race broadcasts they keep referring to the past and the way they did it and would do it now so much that so much of the real competition is lost when they announce.
I just hate the way they talk about tradition and all the while they are really ignoring tradition.  
I wish I had XM radio!!! Cheryl, you are so lucky.
OTOH, there is positive.  I have a tv to watch and am able to pay the sub price for speed and other stuff, so I guess there is some good things to be thankful for.  And I get to watch drags tomorrow.  I love John Force!

Has anybody out there seen my old friend Ned?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 06:29:15 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Has anybody out there seen my old friend Ned?

No, but I heard him doing an ad on XM radio the other week, so I guess he's doing okay.  I really miss him too!  He was the best!  A classy man who rarely showed favoritism towards his son on the track and NEVER talked about himself instead of the race he was covering.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 08:55:57 PM »

Ned is definitely a class act.  I remember when Dale started to run for the Wood brothers and Nes would talk about "Jarrett is heading to pit road", I wondered if they were related!  Talk about an impartial and knowlegable announcer!  As much as I am a big Earnhardt fan, when I listened to Ned bringing his son homw at Daytona, I had tears in my eyes!  Don't tell anyone I admitted that!
Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: