November 20, 2017, 08:30:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time Disallowed?  (Read 2074 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 05:13:48 PM »

I just read on Jayski that Chad Knaus may have tinkered with the car on purpose, not only for a competitive edge, but to get himself fired from Hendrick Motorsports so that he can join Ray Evernham.

As I have already mentioned, Knaus has a long-term deal with Hendrick and, if the rumor is correct, may feel like he needs to get out of it somehow. :x

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 09:22:05 PM »

I read the same thing that Des mentioned.  Also was mentioned that someone put a bug in Nascar's ear and it came from the Chevy camp.

And like Cheryl said, I totally agree that none of them are 100% totally legal.  Some just hide it better.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 12:59:58 PM »

Personally, I didn't believe that rumor about Knaus on jayski yesterdary. It was just too absurd!  Here's the latest items from Jayski about that:

UPDATE 1a: Daytona’s most ridiculous rumor was that Knaus got himself kicked out of the Daytona 500 because he’s trying to get fired from his job at Hendrick Motorsports so he can go back to work for his old boss, Ray Evernham. Not only is the rumor untrue, it is patently absurd. Knaus worked for Evernham twice, once as one of Jeff Gordon’s original “Rainbow Warriors,” the second time very briefly after Evernham formed his own team. After that, the two split for good, perhaps because their personalities are so similar. Don’t expect them to work together again any time soon.(Speed Channel)
UPDATE 1b: been told by Hendrick Motorsports Knaus is not looking to leave the #48 team.(2-17-2006)

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 03:47:11 PM »

It's hard for me to discount any rumor since Jeff Burton left Roush, but this one does seem to be pretty absurd.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 05:29:07 PM »

I agree, Dick, I agree.  It's just that to Knaus-to-Evernham rumors won't go away.  They started at the end of last year.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: