November 21, 2017, 11:46:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside Cup  (Read 570 times)
Vivian
« on: February 15, 2006, 02:06:52 AM »

Watched the show last night and I still hesitate to call it Inside Nextel Cup.  Same people again this year.  I was very tired of it before it was over.  Same old thing.  Mikey and Mikey's attention to himself.  How do I say this without it coming across as a slam?  I do not mean it to be.  This is just my opinion as to what transpired with him on the show.

He sat there writing or scribbling on some papers most of the time not appearing to be part of the group.  He made it clear that you need to bring faithful sponsors to get a ride.  He seemed to make sure everyone knew that (he thinks) he has Nascar's ear.  And the thing that really turned me off was when Dave wanted to go over the last two laps after the last caution and discuss it, all we had was Michael telling us where he was both laps and what was happening to him the whole time.

Other than that, they discussed the bump drafting issue and during this conversation they all agreed that it could be dangerous.  Then told us they loved it because that was what the fans came to see at Daytona and at Talledega.  I got a feeling they were being very cautious and speaking with forked tongues.  JMO....

They also discussed the Carl Edwards penalty.  And I do have to admit that Michael did give the most logical and correct explanation as to why he was penalized when he cut down to pit road and then came back up on the track.  Brian Vickers disagreed with the call by Nascar.  Said he did it to avoid causing a wreck.  I agree with Mikey that he never lifted and that was where the problem was.

As usual, Kenny S. seemed to get in a couple of digs toward Mikey but we all know that is just for show. Wink

I will watch the next one but if it continues to be a Mikey show, then I will say "bye, bye"....
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 06:17:34 PM »

Thanks for the report, Vivian. I hardly even think of watching it anymore, (and I used to be a regular), because the "Mikey" show really turns me off. Nuff said! Cheesy

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 06:29:14 PM »

As I have written in the past, give Mikey his own show--and take DW with him!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: