November 18, 2017, 04:52:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting article by Monte Dutton/Bump drafting  (Read 467 times)
Vivian
« on: February 14, 2006, 10:22:16 PM »

http://www.gastongazette.com/sections/nascar/story.asp?id=251

I found this to be most interesting in reference to some of the discussions lately.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 01:19:39 PM »

Thanks for posting the link to that article, Vivian!  I'm been monitoring a training class the last couple of days, so haven't been able to reach much from the Net.  

Monte makes some good points, but I do have to disagree that bump drafting "is fasinating..."  I think I'd rather see NO passing like we saw in the 2000 500 rather than people being so reckless.  Just my humble opinion...

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 06:36:29 PM »

I agree!  Bump drafting is not fascinating!  Reckless driving cannot be tolerated, either in life or on the race track.

The TV networks are also to blame for the problem.  They don't advertise the racing, they advertise the crashes.  This is because the networks think that's what people want to see.  Until someone can convince them otherwise, nothing will really be done about bump drafting.

We'll see who gets the benefit of a doubt, and who doesn't, tomorrow in the qualifying races.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: