November 22, 2017, 02:58:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate the Infineon 200 Truck Race  (Voting closed: May 31, 2004, 07:35:00 PM)
Excellent Broadcast - 0 (0%)
About Average for SPEED - 0 (0%)
Really Poor Broadcast - 2 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate the Infineon 200 Truck Race  (Read 901 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: May 21, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »

Tell us what you think of the SPEED truck broadcast of Friday night's race from Charlotte.
sally
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 02:24:31 AM »

ACCCK!  Dw was in the booth and started the race with....gasp...please, no!....say it ain't so....the DREADED  BBB! Sad
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 05:31:17 PM »

I think it was below par last night.  It just didn't seem to flow.  And more commercials than usual, imo.  Speed really needs to get some announcers who are not biased and someone who is more into truck racing.  Although there was action on the track, I had a really hard time concentrating on the race for some reason and I can only come to the conclusion that it had to be the announcing.   :?

Don and I agreed that the only time Ned Jarrett showed any partiality was when Dale won his first Daytona 500?

Has anybody out there seen my old friend Ned?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 06:26:56 PM »

I agree with you Sally and Vivian.  Except, I actually thought DW was a little subdued at least at the beginning of the broadcast.  The problem I noticed was that Phil Parsons started getting pretty manic mid-race and I think it was to try and out-talk DW.  That's sad.  

Also, I switched to MRN during ALL the numerous commercials!  It seemed like they outdid radio 2:1 on commercials.  

Then when truckwhacker, Mikey, was leading for so long, I started to doze off.  I don't know if we missed it or TV never showed it, but what exactly brought out the last caution?  All I know is I think I woke up when they went to commercial and when they came back, there was an extended caution and no one ever seemed to tell us why.  But, again, I may have slept through it.  

So glad to see a truck series driver win the race.  Felt bad for Carl getting passed when he thought there was a caution, but I like Dennis Setzer a lot too, so I was happy to see him win.  

Cheryl
Michael
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 12:51:35 AM »

Yeah, poor Carl. I like Dennis, but Carl's backflips are fun to watch.

Anyway, they let Darrell do the race. Darrell. ******** Mr. Loudmouth. And Rick Allen still has a job. How? Why? Hey, Rick, if you want me to defend you, you have to perform well in order for me to do it! So, either buck up or get excited, or hand me the mic (no D.W., please) and let me show you how a racing commentator should sound. Phil's the only good one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: