November 21, 2017, 04:47:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hope this thread is okay  (Read 2005 times)
Vivian
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 09:35:43 PM »

An update: 2/17

They didn't let me talk to/at him yesterday but got to this morning.  They had postponed the trach until today.  The feeding tube is in place and working well with no adverse effects.  I am calling in a couple of hours and hopefully he will be awake.  BTW, yesterday, they did let him sit in a chair for a few minutes while changing the bed linens.  He is aware of what is happening and seems to have a strong will...

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  Next time I talk at/to him I plan on mentioning my fellow Nascar fans from the forum to him and all their thoughts and prayers.  Thanks again.

Vivian
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 04:20:20 PM »

Vivian, there was a really neat line in the movie GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS--right at the end, where the cop says to N Cage (OK-slightly edited in this case) " a sister's love is a sister's love".
 You are doig a fine job of demonstrating that truth. Hang in there.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 09:48:03 PM »

Thanks, Dick.

the latest is that they have taken him out of critical care and moved him to another room to start some light therapy.  He still has to have the breathing tube.  His head seems to be okay and he can even pucker his lips but from neck down, he can't move anything on his left side.  I could actually feel him listening to me this morning as there was a breathing noise coming from the ear piece of the phone.  I will continue to call and talk at him everyday.  After he is home, then I will probably be going back to visit.

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts & prayers.

Vivian
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: