November 21, 2017, 11:08:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hope this thread is okay  (Read 2004 times)
Vivian
« on: February 11, 2006, 01:55:45 AM »

If anyone is so inclined, please think of and maybe say a prayer for one of my younger brothers who had a major stroke earlier today.  He lives in Florida and I am told it does not look good...

Thank you

Vivian
sally
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 01:00:02 PM »

You have my prayers, Viv.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 09:41:58 PM »

I'm SO sorry to hear about it.  This is the first time I've logged on since I left work yesterday and just saw the post (and your private email).  You and your brother are definitely in our thoughts, Vivian.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 12:37:30 AM »

Godspeed to you and yours. :cry:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 05:03:39 PM »

Prayers and thoughts with you and your brother, Vivian. I hope the best for you and he. Please give us an update when you can.
 D ick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 09:33:10 PM »

Thank you, dear people for your thoughts.  I now wish to apoligize for overstepping my boundries and bringing personal things to this forum.

I would like to say that it was a clot on the brainstem that caused the stroke and medicine has not dissolved it.  Other than that, we just wait but it does not look good at all.

Thank you again.
sally
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 11:57:57 PM »

We're still with you, Vivian.

sal
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 12:12:33 AM »

vivian i'm praying for you and him. Sad  Sad
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 02:20:13 AM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Thank you, dear people for your thoughts.  I now wish to apoligize for overstepping my boundries and bringing personal things to this forum.

Vivian,

You absolutely did NOT overstep any boundaries with your posts!  Please don't ever think that!  If any of us have ill families members (or other problems we want to share), I hope everyone will feel free to do so.  I'd like to hope we are friends and friends share this type of thing.

Sorry to hear your brother is not doing much better.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 10:19:22 PM »

Quick update:

He has passed the critical period for subsequent mini strokes and that is a plus.  They are trying some things today to see if he can do without the drainage tube down his throat.  Also telling me that so far no infections and no sign of pneumonia.  His will to fight is strong and that is plus right now.

Thank you all.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 10:57:35 PM »

Hang in there, Vivian.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
sally
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 03:46:41 AM »

We're still here, pulling for him, Viv.

Sal
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 06:48:31 PM »

Keep hanging in there, brother!

(Too bad I can't record my Hulk Hogan impersonation here!) :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 09:28:20 PM »

Thanks again, Everyone.

They actually took a special phone to him last night and let me say a few words to him even though he could not respond.

His nurse said they had to reconnect the breathing tube about 10 minutes after they had removed it.  Tomorrow they do the trach.  Today my sister in law has to approve them putting a feeding tube in through his stomach.

I will call him again later.

Thank You All.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 05:27:58 PM »

You're very welcome, Vivian.  What is happening to you and your family is something we don't wish on anyone, not even our worst enemies.

It will be a long road ahead.  We hope that your love of NASCAR will provide you with a great amount of pleasure in the time to come.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: