November 23, 2017, 12:38:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Humpy on Wind Tunnel  (Read 580 times)
Vivian
« on: May 20, 2004, 10:19:19 PM »

last night and he had some very interesting things to say.  I do have to admit that I gained some respect for him and saw some things that I had not thought of before until he explained them.  No, I am NOT butt kissing but I saw a very different side of him and I think maybe some of his remarks might make me a little more tolerant of some stuff.  

Did anyone esle see it and what did you think of his remarks?

And Dave is really pushing the vote for Andy Belmont if you don't have a favorite.  Says you can log on and just keep voting and voting.  Seems like one could really weigh the outcome if they wanted.   :twisted:
sally
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 01:35:18 AM »

Viv,
 I saw Humpy on WT last night, and I guess my cynicism for all things Nascar colored my view.  He made ti very clear that, unless a track seats 100,000 and is in a "major market", you can kiss race dates goodbye, thus putting into plain English what Brian France tried to keep vauge in his press conference.  I wonder how anyone has managed to make money hosting races if the outlook is so dire?  His boss, Bruton Smith, got what he wanted out of the lawsuit, so why wouldn't Humpy be happy?  Once again, the $$ card trumps the "good race track" card.  Nothing new there.
Besides, if he doesn't kiss a little b---, he might lose his "All Star Popularity Contest" race in 2006.
Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: