November 17, 2017, 11:54:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Performers" Needed for Pre-Race Mosh Pit  (Read 1718 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 09, 2006, 05:28:09 PM »

I read yesterday that Bon Jovi will be doing the "pre-race entertainment" at Daytona next week.  All I could think of was another group of performers who are trying to capitalize on having this year's ad naseum song we'll hear all year (like Sheryl Crow, 3 Door Down, etc.).  In the article I saw yesterday, it said something about people wanted to be in the crowd for their concert.  

Today, I was just trying to find some news on ARCA practice from yesterday.  ARCA's site has been down for two days, so I eventually went to the Daytona web page.  Found a link to this article.  The thing about "your performance" just made me cringe.  I mean, I've known the people they have in the "mosh pits" for these type things and the driver intros at the Winston in Charlotte aren't real race fans.  But to see it in black and white just makes it all hit home that NA$CAR isn't about real race fans anymore at all.  Here's a link to the page and the "instructions" for the folks wanting their 15 minutes of glory:

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=1066

:smt078

Chweryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 05:39:50 PM »

And I thought that the Super Bowl was over. :oops:

Care to guess how many words will be bleeped out of Bon Jovi's performance at the Daytona 500?  And will they understand the situation, unlike the Rolling Stones?

Also, I feel very bad for ARCA.  It's the biggest race of their season, and the web site is down?  At least they have until Saturday to fix the problem.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 06:49:39 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Care to guess how many words will be bleeped out of Bon Jovi's performance at the Daytona 500?  And will they understand the situation, unlike the Rolling Stones?

None.  As far as I know, Bon Jovi doesn't have the reputation for having anything really unacceptable in their music.  I just don't feel like having to hear "Have a Nice Day" over and OVER again during NASCAR races and promotional ads on TV.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 10:27:14 PM »

Did you catch the part about-Thank you for being part of our show"??
 Does anyone really go to the track for this stuff?
 I guess I missed out on some of the "party" genes or something. :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
sally
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 01:01:23 AM »

Cheryl, mabe they will decide to use "Wanted Dead or Alive' instead...you know, "I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride..."

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 01:50:10 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Cheryl, mabe they will decide to use "Wanted Dead or Alive' instead...you know, "I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride..."

Oh, great song!  You're right, Sally!  That would be a good one!

Dick,
I didn't miss out on the party gene, but when I go to the actual race, I'm there to watch the competition, not be a cheerleader in the mosh pit.   :lol:

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 05:41:09 PM »

The ARCA web site has been fixed. Cheesy

Still, if it takes a site malfunction to open our eyes to what NASCAR has become, so be it.  In fact, our feelings about it can be summed up in another Bon Jovi song title: "Living on a Prayer."

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 06:28:16 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
The ARCA web site has been fixed.

I don't think it was ever broken as Lou was able to access it at both work and home.  But for some reason, I can't get to it from work.  Very weird!  If they were going to block something non-work related, I'd think it would be a NASCAR site.   :lol:

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 06:29:54 PM »

I'm sith you, Cheryl.  That's why all this talk about having races in 'vacation destination' spots makes me crazy.  Staci and I are lucky to have enough time to get back and forth to the track and graba  meal.  Sightseeing is done at the track, watching cars.  Or, sometimes people watching in the stands is just as 'entertaining'.

Sal
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: