November 24, 2017, 04:50:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broadcast Time for Twin 125s  (Read 1045 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 30, 2006, 03:12:45 PM »

Just saw a nice TV listing (by some industrious Canadian) linked from Jayski.  What I found interesting is the Twin 125s appear to be later this year.  They're on at 2:00 on Thursday February 16.  I can't even remember what time they were on last year as I believe that was the first year since they've been televised live that Lou and I didn't leave work early to rush home and watch them.  Funny, from the time they started being shown live, they have become very boring.  

Anyway, for those of you interested in watching them live or who plan to tape them (as I do), the time listed is from 2-4 p.m. (eastern).  

Here's the site I found, (Race Fan TV), which has some very comprehensive listings of all motorsports:

http://www.geocities.com/racefantv/YEAR.htm

Also notice the time for the 500 says "2:00" this year.  I'm curious if it will actually start at that time for 2:30 like last year.  Either way, that's ridiculously late IMHO.  For those of us, like me, having friends over or those going to the race itself.  The schedule says it's suppose to end by 6:00, but we know how that goes.  

Also notice the Busch race from CA isn't scheduled to start until 9 p.m. (eastern) the next week.  I definitely won't be staying up until 1130 to watch that.   :roll:

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 07:00:54 PM »

Isn't it interesting that, to hype the first big race of the year, they show the qualifying races on a day and time that guarantees most people won't be able to watch without staying home from work?

Sal
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 08:44:37 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Isn't it interesting that, to hype the first big race of the year, they show the qualifying races on a day and time that guarantees most people won't be able to watch without staying home from work?

Well, that's one tradition they haven't changed.   :lol:   At least running them on Thursday afternoon.  I will say the fact they have been shown live since Fox and NBC took over in 2001 is one thing they DID do right.  I hated that they weren't shown on TV until Saturday by CBS in prior years.  There was no way you could avoid hearing the results, so watching them two days later was really a moot point.  

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 09:32:43 PM »

Cheryl, thanks for that link.  I added it to my favorite list so I can keep up with Speed Weeks TV.  I will still be checking the Dish guide and setting stuff to record.  Problem is, some days I may have to choose as tapes are only so long.  Oh, well...
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 07:20:01 PM »

They'd be in trouble if it were to rain or something cause if it rained then the races would be late in the day.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 07:34:38 PM »

Quote from: "Bryan Blanton"
They'd be in trouble if it were to rain or something cause if it rained then the races would be late in the day.

But they do have lights at Daytona now.  Although I keep forgetting that myself.   :?

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 07:39:19 PM »

I knew daytona had lights but still if it rains the races would still be late in the day i don't have a problem with that but some people might.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 07:40:58 PM »

Speaking of rain back in the early 90's 1991 i believe the twin 125's was delayed a bulk of the day by rain and got started late in the day and it finished up just as it was getting dark.

They cbs had some interesting onboard camera shots showing just how dark it was getting and pictures of the setting sun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: