November 24, 2017, 12:25:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed Opts Out  (Read 2118 times)
sally
« on: February 01, 2006, 04:21:42 AM »

I read that Speed is not planning any nightly Nascar show this year.  I guess that means we are safe from the embarrassment of Nascar Nation.  I can only hope that ESPN will resurrect RPM 2Nite!

Sal
azbobbybooshay10
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 01:56:36 AM »

RPM2Nite for the win! Bring back Mike Massaro and John Kernan!

Honestly I'd rather have no nightly show than the embarrasment also known as Nascar Nation. Even Totally NASCAR was light years ahead of that thing they called "entertainment".

Although I don't think anyone will notice a lack of a nightly NASCAR news show, they'll fill it with 10 more "Designing Bathrooms with NASCAR Drivers" reality BS shows.

I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I get tired of the constant NASCAR TV 24/7. Speed dropped World Rally Championship for 2006, which has me absolutly perterbed beyond belief. I miss the old days of Speedvision/Speed when I could see NASCAR, WRC, F1, DTM, Speed World Challenge, Australian V8 Supercars (Thank GOD they still have this), etc. Now its just NASCAR, NASCAR, and more NASCAR.
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 02:19:24 AM »

No news show will not bother me as we get the same thing all the time no matter what show it is.  It would be great to have RPM back, but I really don't think that is gonna happen.  They had very little news of the Rolex on this past weekend.  

Bobby, they also have Cascar and motocross on Speed.  Sometimes they are shown late, real late though.  I scroll and see a lot of stuff scheduled about 1 or 2 am west coast time.  I just don't know why they show all those repeats of the the chop & cut shows and stuff like that.  I used to watch the rally cars also.  And I used to watch boats and most any racing they had on.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 05:18:32 PM »

Have you heard whether or not Speed Channel will go with the same lineup of NASCAR shows this year as the end of last year?  (NASCAR Nation Monday, One-Track Mind Tuesday, Backseat Drivers Wednesday, and Beyond the Wheel Thursday.)

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 06:24:19 PM »

I used to enjoy the boat shows too, Vivian. They had some good offshore racing and all sorts of neat stuff, (and still had time for plenty of Nascar).

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
sally
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 07:25:20 PM »

Desmond, I don't know for sure, but I would guess from the announcement that they will not be airing any of those shows.  When they say they won't be having any nightly Nascar specific show, I would guess that Chris Long's ideas on what Nascar fans wanted to see was so far off the mark that they won't bother with it any more.

I can't believe Speed won't be showing the Rally cars this year!  I loved watching those guys...they're nuts!  Since I have no interest in the 'kiddy shows' they have now, like their version of 'pimp ny ride', it has certainly opened up much more time for me to NOT be in front of a television.  I believe they will do the usual Sunday pre and post race shows, and Wind Tunnel is back (once a week afain), and the revamped IWC starring Dave Despain and lots of already seen race clips.

Sal
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 09:21:09 PM »

Sally wrote:

lots of already seen race clips.

That is what they seem to thrive on.  No matter what show, it is always the already seen race clips.  I get tired of the same interviews and clips after a while so I won't miss any of those redundant shows at all.  And I am sure we will get lots of Toyota advertising from Inside Cup.  JMO...
sally
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 01:48:00 AM »

I know that nascar is now in total control of all the Nascar images (including video), no longer a partner with Fox.  That means they can now control even more just what gets shown and where.  Is Brian France now the ultimate control freak?
Sal :smt119
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: