November 22, 2017, 06:31:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All-star race vote  (Read 884 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: May 19, 2004, 09:12:42 PM »

Have you voted yet on NASCAR.com for the Nextel All-Star Challenge (the ex-Winston)?

My vote is for Ken Schrader, because he is such a hard-working professional who deserves to be in the race.  He hasn't won a Cup race in 10 years, he has been in some very lousy cars in that time, and he is pushing 50 years old, but he has never complained.  That is a great credit to him, and Schrader should get a chance in this race in which anything can happen.

If he wins the Nextel Open, it would be even better!

I would love to find you who you would vote for/have voted for.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 09:18:23 PM »

I have no intention of voting in the joke they call the "All Star Race".  I don't want the wireless company to get the mistaken impression I support any of the changes they have either been party to, or have sat like a lump and allowed to happen.  They can make their money off someone other than me.
Sally :evil:
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 09:39:54 PM »

I don't like all the changes either.   :cry:  I know the fans in the stands have voted on line ups and stuff in the past.  Last night Dave on Wind Tunnel was really pushing everyone to vote for Andy Belmont because it will help some firemen in PA (I believe that is where) get a new fire truck and I think a lot of people will vote for him.  
I did finally give in yesterday and vote simply because it is gonna happen with or without our votes and it was a tough choice between Ken Shrader and Ricky Rudd.  I even thought about voting for Jamie McMurray.  But I finally chose Ken because I have always liked him and his love of racing.  I think the votes will help whichever driver gets it money wise because they will get $$$ even if they finish last.  Right?

Should we do a poll on this???
sally
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 09:43:47 PM »

Frankly, I don't care enough to even vote in a poll.  I find I care less nad less about the "racing" these days.  With the new format, the championship is a joke anyway.  Don't mean nuthin.  The all star race is jusst another way for Nascar to drain money out of fans for an entire week.   THIS race is really just a show.  I con't develop any enthusiasm for it.  Don't care who wins.  Don't care who races.
Sally
ronbarnes7777
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 10:08:53 PM »

do they charge for voting ?
sally
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 03:01:28 AM »

No charge for voting.  Wow, a freebie from Nascar!  Just a great way to make fans think they have a say in something...as long as it doesn't really count for anything!
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 12:16:12 PM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes7777"
do they charge for voting ?

I guess if you own a Next-hell phone, it's costing you to vote since you are wasting your minutes on it.

Like Sally, I have no intention of voting.  I have never been into "popularity" contests.  This race is suppose to be for race winners, or whoever races his way in from the Open.  Not voting in someone who isn't a current winner.  That being said, I think Schrader has a good chance of racing his way in, as does Ricky Rudd.  

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: